Vancouver - where to stay

I was just looking at the Pinnacle Harborside Hotel. Would this be a good choice for us, arriving in the late afternoon for a cruise on Hal the next day. We will just have time for a nice early dinner as we will have traveled all day from the East coast. If not the Pinnacle, we would appreciate other suggestions for a convenient hotel and a good place nearby for dinner.

I was just looking at the Pinnacle Harborside Hotel. Would this be a good choice for us, arriving in the late afternoon for a cruise on Hal the next day. We will just have time for a nice early dinner as we will have traveled all day from the East coast. If not the Pinnacle, we would appreciate other suggestions for a convenient hotel and a good place nearby for dinner.

Alot of what you want to know is on the attached link for Vancouver.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203845

Looking at another post... I see you are arriving for the a Sept 28th trip. Looking at Booking.com for Tuesday, Sept 27 availability... here's some popular forum hotel choices with prices in USD for 2 people.

• $81 YWCA
  • $150 Century Plaza
  • $154 Empire Landmark » good restaurant choices
  • $161 Blue Horizon » popular forum budget choice, ample restaurant choices nearby
  • $172 Days Inn » 3 blocks from cruise terminal to the South
  • $176 Rosedale » offers suites for more elbow room
  • $203 Holiday Inn Vancouver
  • $215 Georgia Court
  • $235 Delta Vancouver Suites » Suites that are 6 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $261 Sutton Place Hotel
  • $269 Hampton Inn » popular for those on Hilton loyalty plans
  • $280 Auberge » 3 blocks from cruise terminal
  • $300 Carmana Plaza
  • $311 Pinnacle Harbourfront » Your hotel
  • $346 Westin Bayshore
  • $354 Sheraton Wall Centre
  • $369 Hyatt Regency
  • $423 Rosewood Hotel Georgia
  • $423 Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
  • $446 Fairmont Waterfront
  • $501 Shangri-La
  • $546 Fairmont Pacific Rim

Nothing wrong with the Harbourfront.... but there are cheaper choices like the Blue Horizon or the Delta Suites.

We enjoyed our one night pre-cruise stay at the Blue Horizon in September, 2015. A taxi ride to the cruise terminal was less than $10.00. The hotel is conveniently located on Robson Street and walking distance to a number of shops and restaurants, as well as a BC liquor store. There is also a restaurant in the hotel. We walked to Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House on Thurlow St. and ordered several half-price appetizers during Happy Hour 4-6 p.m., which was delicious and plenty of food for us for dinner. There are other good restaurants in the neighborhood.

Thank you all for great advice. I shall look into them.

Kamloops - I believe we met on the Prinsendam on the Kiel Canal/Norway to Murmansk cruise. We played trivia some and hiked all over Bergen (or was it a town further North?) together too!

Thank you all for great advice. I shall look into them.

Kamloops - I believe we met on the Prinsendam on the Kiel Canal/Norway to Murmansk cruise. We played trivia some and hiked all over Bergen (or was it a town further North?) together too!

Never cruised on the Prinsendam or Europe . Future plans for that.