1st time on Dream Spring Break review March 13

angiem0217

We were back on the boat around 4 and headed to our usual spot at the aft pool to watch us sail out of MB. Our early morning appetizers and lobster had wore off and we were hungry. There is a sandwich place by the pool and the sandwiches were great. My favorite was the Rueben and my husband liked the turkey sub. We decided on sandwiches and pizza for dinner and this was the night we skipped the dining room. We decided to try the dive in movie. We found some spots and popcorn and really enjoyed watching the movie under the stars. After the movie we were all exhausted and this was the only night of the cruise my son was ready to go to bed instead of camp ocean. I was happy to turn in early since our next port was grand Cayman and we docked at 7am.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great review of the places we go in June. I can't wait. Keep the stories coming! Oh, we have a balcony room for 3 of us. Do you think my 18 year old daughter (5'7") will be comfortable on its sofa/bed?

It was a regular twin size bed so she should be fine.

We had FTTF so we had priority tender. We docked at 7 and they let the people with carnival excursions off first. Next was diamond, platinum and FTTF. We met in the dining room about 7:15 and we were off the ship at 7:45. We had to meet our tour group at 8:15 and we left the port at 8:30. I had also researched this port because my daughter wanted to go to starfish point, my son wanted to snorkel and I wanted to swim with the stingrays. So I was looking for a small tour that did all three. I booked with Cayman Eco adventures and it was exactly what I was looking for. I emailed the company and they emailed me back the same night. I paid a deposit though PayPal to secure our spot. You can pay the balance the day of the tour but I went ahead and paid in full before we left so I would not have to carry around a lot of cash. The tour was perfect and out of all 8 cruises I have been in this was one of my favorite excursions. We drove about 10 minutes to the yacht club and boarded our boat. We had 2 tour guides and only 19 people on the tour. I picked this company because of the small group. And after I saw some of the groups at stingray sandbar that had over 100 people I was so thankful to be in a small group. We arrived at the sandbar and it was packed. Our guides decided to take us and snorkel first and wait on some of the other boats to clear off the sandbar. The water was beautiful and crystal clear. We snorkeled a reef and saw plenty of fish. I had an underwater camera and took lots of pictures. Next we went to stingray sandbar. Our guides had a bucket of fish and when we all got out they gave us all fish to feed. They explained how to do it and they were very careful and respectful of the stingrays. We had a lot of the stingrays come to us and we got a lot of good pictures with the Rays. They are beautiful creatures and this was the highlight of the trip for me. I was sad to have to leave. Next we went to starfish point and the small island was right off of a postcard. We saw many starfish and just hung out for a while. Unfortunately it was time to head back to shore. I was sad to leave and could have stayed out on the boat all day. We enjoyed this excursion so much. When we were back at the yacht club we had the option to be dropped off at 7 Mile beach or back at the port. It was noon so we decided to go to Calico Jacks for lunch. They had tables right on the beach and the beach was beautiful! The prices in Cayman are a lot higher than Jamaica or Cozumel. We paid more for chicken and shrimp in Cayman than we did for fresh lobster in Jamaica. But it was worth it to sit on that beautiful beach for a few hours. They had taxis lined up to take you back to the port for $5 pp. Grand Cayman was beautiful and me and my husband are discussing a week long trip there for our anniversary.

you mentioned your son went to Camp Ocean the first night? I always thought they only had the family party the first night and no drop offs until the next day? We have a 10 year old. She is really looking forward to it. I am glad your son had a good time!

To chime in because we were just on the Dream...Camp Ocean is open for Night Owls only first night at 10pm, and they charge a fee for this.

you mentioned your son went to Camp Ocean the first night? I always thought they only had the family party the first night and no drop offs until the next day? We have a 10 year old. She is really looking forward to it. I am glad your son had a good time!

He went to the night owls party. It's from 10pm to 1am every night. They charge a fee for this. He went to it every night except 1 and that is just because he was exhausted. We would normally drop him off around 7 and I would go check on him at 10 and ask if he was ready to leave. He begged to stay for the party every night except the 1 night. He loved it and had a blast.

Since we ate a late lunch at 7MB we decided to go to the 7:00 show and then eat dinner after. The show was dancing in the streets and I really did not like it. Looked like they were lip syncing and it was not that great. I am not a big fan of the shows on the ship but my mom wanted to go so we went with her. Me and my daughter left before it was over to go ahead and check in for dinner since we usually had to wait to be seated. Son was in camp ocean again so after dinner we headed to the piano bar. Cozumel was our next stop and the boat didn't dock until 10 so I was looking forward to not having to get up so early.

We decided to go to Paradise beach in Cozumel. I had narrowed it down to paradise beach and mr Sanchos. In the end i just didn't think we would get our money's worth with the all inclusive mr Sanchos so we decided on paradise beach. We got off the boat and headed to the taxi. My parents had won a snorkel excursion and did not go with us so it was just us, son and 3 girls. Taxi ride was $30 one way for 6 people. We didn't arrive until around 11 and had no problem finding 6 chairs together. We were all sunburned so we choose chairs under the palm trees for the shade. It was so nice to have all that shade. We ordered food and drinks and the kids got the bracelets for the water toys. My son is a good swimmer but I still went out in the water to watch him while he played on the toys. They all had a great time on the toys and paddle boards. We headed to the pool in the late afternoon to get the salt water off of us and hung out in the pool a while then relaxed under the shade. It was crowded but the beach is so big it never seemed too crowded. The beach is very nice but the water does not compare to Jamaica or grand Cayman. There were a lot of rocks and seaweed. We left around 4 and went back to the port and did some shopping and was back on the ship by 5:30. It was another great day and we enjoyed Cozumel, but not nearly as much as Cayman.