Cocktail Party in your Suite

razzzbere

Hoping someone can answer this question.....friends of mine just did the upsell and they got a penthouse suite with a butler. Now it says that the butler can set up a cocktail party in the suite. They have the beverage package as does everyone that they would invite to a cocktail party. So how does that work? They certainly would not want to incur extra charges for liquor. We're all pretty casual and not above BYO and just enjoying the the company. Any thought, ideas? Thanks!!

Hoping someone can answer this question.....friends of mine just did the upsell and they got a penthouse suite with a butler. Now it says that the butler can set up a cocktail party in the suite. They have the beverage package as does everyone that they would invite to a cocktail party. So how does that work? They certainly would not want to incur extra charges for liquor. We're all pretty casual and not above BYO and just enjoying the the company. Any thought, ideas? Thanks!!

To be clear about what was written above about "BYO", the beverage packages do NOT apply to drinks served in one's cabin or suite.

Some suites (but not "Penthouse" suites) get some bottles of liquor (3 or 6, depending upon OS, DOS, or GV) plus mixers.

PH suites get a welcome bottle of sparkling wine.

Any bar setup would be charged to those in the suite.

If they prefer to have everyone order their own drinks, they should be VERY clear if they (who have the suite) will be paying or if each person should be charged individually for each drink.

As far as we know, the refreshments aren't charged extra, but for a large group, it might be different.

(We've never had more than another couple and a child stop by for snacks or dinner, and we ordered our regular wine by the bottle - for which we were, of course, charged.)

If anyone knows with certainty differently, we'd be pleased to find out more about this. That is our understanding from everything we've read AND from speaking with our Butlers about this.

But we haven't had a group gathering with alcoholic beverages served.

You should consider tipping your Butler extra if she/he is serving others in your suite.

I had a party at the end of our cabin crawl. But being pre UBP I had a bar set up. I acted as bartender. The butler provided snacks and I picked up the tab for additional mixers over those provided with my bar set up which I paid before the cruise. Of course I factored this party into my tip.

We had a small get together in our suite. The butler provided crackers and cheese, shrimp and a crab dip, etc.

We provided the wine from the bottles we brought on board.

Edited by Elainemh

We had a small gathering in our suite after the cabin crawl for those M&G'ers who wanted to still mingle. Our butler knew our cabin was going to be included so he set up extra glasses, sliced limes, lemons, lots of ice, etc. We did have the 3 bottles of liquor included in our suite perks so we just served that with mixers.

We did not serve any food as we weren't sure how many people would stay & no one seemed to expect it.

It was quite easy and we enjoyed getting to know our fellow CC'ers better.

Cheers,

Sandy