Canadian Resident Rate? Any takers yet?

What is the Canadian Resident Rate?

If there are price drops, can you get them if you book under this rate instead of Early Saver?

The rate is exactly as it sounds - a discounted rate for Canadian residents. It is refundable (up to final payment) and does not come with the same restrictions/benefits of early saver. You can get your price adjusted up to final payment (because it's fully refundable) but unlike early saver, you can not get OBC for price drops after final payment.

Edited to add: When we booked a future cruise on board the Pride, I had booked the Canadian resident rate specifically because it was fully refundable. Now that we've confirmed our dates, I've switched us to early saver so I can continue to look for price drops.

Edited by meatloafsfan

The rate is exactly as it sounds - a discounted rate for Canadian residents. It is refundable (up to final payment) and does not come with the same restrictions/benefits of early saver. You can get your price adjusted up to final payment (because it's fully refundable) but unlike early saver, you can not get OBC for price drops after final payment.

Edited to add: When we booked a future cruise on board the Pride, I had booked the Canadian resident rate specifically because it was fully refundable. Now that we've confirmed our dates, I've switched us to early saver so I can continue to look for price drops.

Ok this is great to know! Thanks for your input.

What is the Canadian Resident Rate?

If there are price drops, can you get them if you book under this rate instead of Early Saver?

When I booked our Breeze last week for 2017 I was told that we cannot get the Price Protection on the Canadian Rate one so I just stuck with the Early Saver. This was told by my PVP plus I believe it doesn't state Price Protection on the plan either.

Sorry if I was advised wrong.

When I booked our Breeze last week for 2017 I was told that we cannot get the Price Protection on the Canadian Rate one so I just stuck with the Early Saver. This was told by my PVP plus I believe it doesn't state Price Protection on the plan either.

Sorry if I was advised wrong.

You were advised incorrectly, unfortunately. See the post above for the correct information.

I only book either Past Guest or CDN resident rate, because of the reasons outlined above. ES has too many restrictions, and I won't be price matching our Havana Cabana cabin. They've been sold out since the cruise went on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by soccersharon