Wine tasting?

tinkerbell_82

On our Glory cruise a few years back we did a wine tasting event on the first sea day that was awesome. I think it was $15 pp but we tried a bunch of wines and were able to sample small plates of amazing food from the steakhouse. Anyone know if this is still available?

Tia!

I know they have a martini tasting. You get 4 small martinis for 17 pp. I think there are 6 or 8 flavors to pick from. Sorry about the earlier post about Margaritas, darn autocorrect lol.

The martini tasting is very good. I enjoyed it on Splendor last year. I haven't seen the wine tasting for a while now.

Yay! Thanks! Love the martinis!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Definitely give the chipotle pineapple martini a try at the tasting. It is tropical tasting from the pineapple juice with a slightly spicy kick. :cool:

The wine tasting was on the Liberty two years ago. I did not look for it on our cruise on the Sunshine last year because I had done it the two years before and we had Cheers.. :)

We are not getting Cheers this time and have a newbie coming with us so was hoping they would have it as she would really enjoy it.

The Valor does not have an Alchemy Bar yet (or any of the 2.0 upgrades yet) does anyone know if they host any other tastings?

I know they have a martini tasting. You get 4 small martinis for 17 pp. I think there are 6 or 8 flavors to pick from. Sorry about the earlier post about Margaritas, darn autocorrect lol.

My husband and I did the martini tasting on the Fascination. We got all 8 flavors then each picked the one we liked the most for a full size drink. Even though they are small, they are about 1/2 a regular martini, hence I essentially drank 3 martinis before dinner. Needless to say, I did not make it to dinner that night :D.

The other great thing is that they give you the recipes to make these on your own. We now have a fully stocked and functioning martini bar at home!

My husband and I did the martini tasting on the Fascination. We got all 8 flavors then each picked the one we liked the most for a full size drink. Even though they are small, they are about 1/2 a regular martini, hence I essentially drank 3 martinis before dinner. Needless to say, I did not make it to dinner that night :D.

The other great thing is that they give you the recipes to make these on your own. We now have a fully stocked and functioning martini bar at home!

That's what the Taste Bar is for....gotta get the food in the tummy first!

I don't think so' date=' but you can still order the Martinis that are offered at the tasting as a separate drink. Of course you would get the full sized ones, so you might not want to do them all at once ;)[/quote']

I totally agree with this, order the spicy pineapple chipotle martini as a full size drink before dinner one night, wow was it strong. I really couldn't finish it, very powerful. Next time I want to do the 4 sample tasting to try them out first.