Cigarettes Onboard

august1963

I know this answer is in here somewhere, but I'm just too tired from swimsuit, shorts, underwear and shoe shopping to look for it!

Just wanted to make sure that cigarettes are still being sold onboard the ship.

Does anyone know if they carry Marlboro Special Blend (gold short ones)? Thanks!

I know this answer is in here somewhere, but I'm just too tired from swimsuit, shorts, underwear and shoe shopping to look for it!

Does anyone know if they carry Marlboro Special Blend (gold short ones)? Thanks!

Space is very limited in the gift shops. Therefore, brand selection is very limited to the most popular items. I know the ships carry Marlboro Reds and Marlboro Lights. Not so sure about the Special Blend.

That's exactly our brand. ...though we mostly use e cigs now.

Glad to know Carnival carries them.

Space is very limited in the gift shops. Therefore, brand selection is very limited to the most popular items. I know the ships carry Marlboro Reds and Marlboro Lights. Not so sure about the Special Blend.

Unfortunately that makes sense.

Sigh.

Lazy

So, am I just reading this incorrectly? Cigarettes are CHEAPER on the boat than at home??

I pay $6.50ish per pack here and was planning on taking plenty because I smoke more when I drink and rarely drink when not on vacation, so, I wanted to be ready.

I remember when cigarettes were $3 here, we went to Vegas for our honeymmon 12 years ago and they were $7 per pack.

So, if they're cheaper there, I may just not stock up before hand.

So, am I just reading this incorrectly? Cigarettes are CHEAPER on the boat than at home??

I pay $6.50ish per pack here and was planning on taking plenty because I smoke more when I drink and rarely drink when not on vacation, so, I wanted to be ready.

I remember when cigarettes were $3 here, we went to Vegas for our honeymmon 12 years ago and they were $7 per pack.

Only in the the shops and it's at least the 2 carton size (and up), limited types. If you buy them at a bar, it's more like 5-7 per pack (I think, not sure about at the bar but did hear someone complaining about the price).

First, it's a "ship", not a "boat". Second, there is a limit to how many cartons you can buy on board. I believe it's a limit of four cartons per person.

Packs are $11.00 here in Yonkers, NY. I always stock up onboard. The only problem is I smoke Newports, and the ones bought onboard, or on the islands are heavier with menthol than the ones states side.

But at that price point, it's really hard for me to skip.

($4.00 a pack.... sheesh!!!)

First, it's a "ship", not a "boat". Second, there is a limit to how many cartons you can buy on board. I believe it's a limit of four cartons per person.

My apologies for using the wrong term. It's been 17 years since I've been on a cruise

Strange. In all my years of cruising I have never been told that there is a limit of four cartons pp. Where did you get this info??:confused:

did you ever watch the LOVE BOAT series on tv? or was it called the LOVE SHIP?:D

Strange. In all my years of cruising I have never been told that there is a limit of four cartons pp. Where did you get this info??:confused:

I don't smoke but I have family members that do. I haven't heard that either. I know that there is a limit as to what you can bring back through Customs tax free, but I don't recall them saying anything about how many you can buy.

You can buy as many on the boat as you like, you are only allotted 200 cigarettes pp over 18 years old when going through customs.