How do they do a refund?

Bilu444

My friend and I are booked on Magic next March. Booked with reduced deposit and have made a few payments on both our debit cards each month. Recently found out my son and dog watcher will be moving and I will have no one to watch my "children with 4 legs". I figured I can always rebook later if something changes but I don't want to keep paying if we may not be able to go. The website says the penalty for canceling in $250. How do they do it? do they refund each amount to each card?

You will lose $100 (50pp) the remaining $150 would be split between the 2 of you for a future cruise credit. They should use the first payment type for that then if a remaining credit remains, funds will be refunded to the original credit/debit/gift card pmt was made with. Should be how it works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But be very sure of the term of your booking. Penalties get really stiff as you get closer to sail date. You really don't want to lose out on any more cash than you have too.

Yes. That is why you need to cancel prior to final payment. If you wait until after, penalties can be severe.

But you still have a long time to go until then. A lot of things can change so that's why I would hold off. You might still be able to go and not have to lose any money.

Is it only Early Saver rates that have a penalty for cancelling, all other rates are totally refundable prior to final payment, correct?

There are others such as Pack and Go, etc. It's best to do your research before you book so you can choose exactly what rate works best for you. If you have any questions make sure they are answered before committing.

Is it only Early Saver rates that have a penalty for cancelling, all other rates are totally refundable prior to final payment, correct?

Carnival has all sorts of names for fares with non-refundable deposits - you can't just go off the Early Saver or Super Saver names, for example, all the Wheel of Fortune fares are non-refundable

I'm confused. Why would you cancel a cruise a year out because right now you don't have dog sitters? Is it not possible that you could find one within a years time?

I do understand because we have our four legged family member. However, it just seems way early to already decide you cannot find anyone.

Carnival has all sorts of names for fares with non-refundable deposits - you can't just go off the Early Saver or Super Saver names, for example, all the Wheel of Fortune fares are non-refundable

And the Wheel of Fortune is an Early Saver deal.