Advice regarding early saver price protection

wuvgal

Hello everyone!

I have a question about a situation I have with early saver.

My family and I are going on the Dream June 19th and we're so excited! We're booked early saver and I was even more excited to see this great Wheel of Fortune Deal this am. We are already paid in full so I was happy at the prospect of having some good on board credit. I filled out the form online and SURPRISE I got the approval email shortly after saying that I should have $530 in onboard credit! Yahoo!

Well, I hop on the carnival website just to check things out and I am a little confused. Prior to submitting early saver it showed balance paid in full at 3460.48. Now, when I get on it says balance paid in full at 2980.48 and under onboard credit it only says $50??? Where did the remainder go?

So, I call carnival and talk to this really nice representative, explain the situation and she says that everything looks right "on her end" with $530 OBC spread out over all four people (145,145,120,120) and she doesn't know why its only showing $50 on the website.

So, my question is, should I believe her? I have the feeling that I want "proof" on the carnival website. Who's to say that when I board it'll only show $50 instead of the full $530. I'm just so confused.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Rachel

I called back again and talked to someone else (again, a very nice person) and she also confirms that she can see the correct amount of onboard credit in their system. She sent me an email, too. I feel better that two separate people confirmed it but I just wish I could see it in the "manage my cruise" section on the carnival website.

I've had this problem before too! What you should do, is go in and check your actual cruise documents. Download them, and see your OBC that's listed there is what you are expecting. We have never had a discrepancy between our printed cruise docs and what we thought we were getting. Hope this helps!

I've had this problem before too! What you should do, is go in and check your actual cruise documents. Download them, and see your OBC that's listed there is what you are expecting. We have never had a discrepancy between our printed cruise docs and what we thought we were getting. Hope this helps!

Thanks! This worked, I see the OBC on there and now I have my "proof". Come on June, I'm ready for cruising!