captain marvin

kwm1021

I am considering booking Captain Marvin for sting ray tour this April. My itinerary says we will be in Cayman at 8:00, but the tour starts at 8:30. Is the ship time the same as island time? I would much rather do the earlier tour if we could. Thanks in advance!

Edited by kwm1021

I am considering booking Captain Marvin for sting ray tour this April. My itinerary says we will be in Cayman at 8:00, but the tour starts at 8:30. Is the ship time the same as island time? I would much rather do the earlier tour if we could. Thanks in advance!

Cayman is on EST. The ships arrival time will be 8:00 local time no matter what the ship time is. The tour is 8:30 local time. So you can't do that tour.

As for whether you will be on ships time or not since you don't say what cruise ship none could speculate on that. Some ships change time for Cayman and some don't.

I would write to him and ask. He may schedule times around the ships arrival.

We just used Captain Marvin for our time on Grand Cayman.

Yes, Grand Cayman is on EST. They do NOT do DST. What time your ship docks will depend on where you depart from as to that time. We left from San Juan so we were on San Juan time which was an hour ahead.

You need to know the time from where the ship departs to see when exactly you will be arriving on grand Cayman.

PLUS all ships tender there, so even if your ship docks at 8, you would need the first tender off, get to the dock, walk the couple of blocks to Captain Marvin's location. I would say NO WAY you can do an 8:30 tour.

Cheers

Len