No booze in Belize on Good Friday

wadethegringo

Before you start making kneejerk comments, read the following.

http://www.sanpedrosun.com/business-and-economy/2012/04/05/no-alcohol-to-be-sold-on-good-friday/

It is the Law of BELIZE, not just a local ordinance.

Fortunately, for all but 540 cruisers on the Silverseas Silver Spirit, no other cruise ships are in Belize on Friday.

http://www.sanpedrosun.com/business-and-economy/2012/04/05/no-alcohol-to-be-sold-on-good-friday/

Fortunately, for all but 540 cruisers on the Silverseas Silver Spirit, no other cruise ships are in Belize on Friday.

I don't see any cruises hitting Belize on Good Friday for the next couple of years so the cruise lines may plan around it. I don't see a mainstream cruise line ever pulling into a dry port in the Caribbean.

Utterly ridiculous law for sure.

Exactly why I put a question mark.

Before you start making kneejerk comments,

BTW, aren't you supposed to be compiling me a list of all the private tour operators (and specific tours) in Belize that didn't get the people back to the tender on time?

Still waiting on that. :)

BTW, aren't you supposed to be compiling me a list of all the private tour operators (and specific tours) in Belize that didn't get the people back to the tender on time?

Still waiting on that. :)

Don't remember that one? But haven't had that experience yet either. TBTG. Although you can search this board and probably deep in the pages find a horror story or two. I'd say your biggest risks is heading to Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker via water taxi and miss the water taxi you need. For excursions, the further ruins Xunantunich and Lamanai have private excursion provider risks just given the distance and depending on traffic and vehicle condition. I personally wouldn't trust any cave-tubing and zip line combo that goes tot eh sites via old school buses. But many have taken them and made the tenders with time to spare.