Getaway - Tropicana vs Savor/Taste

beckyjohns

When we were on Getaway in November, we found the service in Tropicana to be very slow and overall not very good (had to ask for the same things more than once, etc). Food was excellent, but service not so much.

We will be back in June. Has anyone tried both Tropicana and Savor/Taste? We never did try either of those. I believe the dinner menus are the same. Curious whether these 2 dining rooms would have slower or faster service? Or would it be similar?

I guess I'm not sure what the differences would be. Are Taste/Savor just more casual in terms of dress?

The food is the same in all three. Tropicana has live entertainment. I think on one or two nights the Burn the Floor dancers did a little show. Other nights there is live music and guests are able to dance on the dance floor.

I can't remember if they interrupt service while the Burn the Floor dancers are dancing. If so, that could explain why you perceived that service was slower.

If you want a quick meal, in and out, I would suggest Taste or Savor. If you want a more relaxed evening and entertainment, go to Tropicana.

The food is the same in all three. Tropicana has live entertainment. I think on one or two nights the Burn the Floor dancers did a little show. Other nights there is live music and guests are able to dance on the dance floor.

I can't remember if they interrupt service while the Burn the Floor dancers are dancing. If so, that could explain why you perceived that service was slower.

If you want a quick meal, in and out, I would suggest Taste or Savor. If you want a more relaxed evening and entertainment, go to Tropicana.

Thank you! Honestly, we were never seated near the dance floor in Tropicana so we never saw any of the entertainment. With that being the case, I think we'll try Taste/Savor since the entertainment was lost on us anyway and you think it may be quicker service.

You are most welcome! Here is a tip that I think works... if you want to be in and out, just tell them you have a show to go to. Look in the Dailies to see what show is playing that night. Several times we sat down to eat and only had about an hour and 15 minutes before a show and told them that, and they sped things up.

Taste/Savor do not require gentlemen to wear trousers. In the past, Tropicana did not allow shorts. The food is about the same (if not exactly the same).

The covers per servers is about the same. I think it is kinda random getting good servers vs. inattentive servers.