Are single/solo travelers welcome on WindStar?

haikou

Whilst I have always had my husband with me,we have met several singles on our previous cruises.

If you are the sociable type you would be fine.You get to meet different people when dining and even if you didn't 'pal up' with anyone in particular would not feel left out .You can take the ship's tours where people chat to each other and I am sure you would find someone to talk to on deck on sea days.

If I were on my own I would not hesitate in taking a Windstar cruise but would not wish to go on one of the mega ships.

The atmosphere for single travelers is the same as for a couple or family group, welcoming! It was a rare occasion that my husband and I ate alone at a table. Tho it is possible if that is what you'd prefer. Tables for 2, 4, 6, 8 are common. We would sit down, and then motion for others to join us. That's how we got to know a lot of folks on the trip. We met a single traveler (a guy) at the airport and hooked up with him for meals often. We never felt "joined at the hip" with anyone, but happily made dinner plans in the morning.

The atmosphere for single travelers is the same as for a couple or family group, welcoming! It was a rare occasion that my husband and I ate alone at a table. Tho it is possible if that is what you'd prefer. Tables for 2, 4, 6, 8 are common. We would sit down, and then motion for others to join us. That's how we got to know a lot of folks on the trip. We met a single traveler (a guy) at the airport and hooked up with him for meals often. We never felt "joined at the hip" with anyone, but happily made dinner plans in the morning.

On all our trips except one this was out experience. We were asked if we'd like to share a table and we always said yes, and we did. On our last trip we were never asked so instead said that we'd like to share a table. Each night we were then shown to a table for two. Very odd.

On all our trips except one this was out experience. We were asked if we'd like to share a table and we always said yes, and we did. On our last trip we were never asked so instead said that we'd like to share a table. Each night we were then shown to a table for two. Very odd.

In the Veranda restaurant it was " self seating". Sometime we sat at a table for 6 with only 3 people.

In the Veranda restaurant it was " self seating". Sometime we sat at a table for 6 with only 3 people.

I wasn't talking about the casual veranda where we very often just ask people if we can join them, but about the evening where you're shown to a table.

We met a guy sailing solo on the Surf and not only did we have several meals and tours with him, we have kept in touch and still get together regularly, even though we live in opposite sides of the country.

We met a guy sailing solo on the Surf and not only did we have several meals and tours with him, we have kept in touch and still get together regularly, even though we live in opposite sides of the country.

;) That's a good story!! We loved our solo travelers.

Hi Milepig,

why didn't you just ask for a bigger table?. If they showed you to a table for two you could just remind them that you would prefer to share. They are so obliging they will do anything just about to make sure the pax are happy. You just need to ask.

Hi Milepig,

why didn't you just ask for a bigger table?. If they showed you to a table for two you could just remind them that you would prefer to share. They are so obliging they will do anything just about to make sure the pax are happy. You just need to ask.

We did. The first two nights, and the guy just turned and walked away. Next night "we'd REALLY prefer to share a table"!! Once again a table for two. It appeared that there wasn't a normal dining room steward on this itin (no uniform, no stand) and that they conscripted one of the servers. All very odd in our experience. So we just had quality time alone which is also not all bad. After that we found people in the lounge before going down to dinner. Problem solved.

Edited by milepig