School vacation February or April?

travelndad13

Since you live in Massachusetts, go in February. The Caribbean weather does not vary all that much year-round, but February is a great time to get away from winter in Mass. Pricing tends to be pretty good in either month, but you can find some real deals in Feb.

Travelindad,

Take it from someone who has done two Easter cruises. The more kids on vacation, the more chaos you'll find onboard. You may experience fewer shenanigans in February.

Of course, you're kids would probably love shenanigans, as do mine...

Going on the CB 11/19/05 with kids ages 7,12, 15 and 18. I'll let you know what they say.

The temperature of Princess Cay along with the water temp will be lower in February and it can also be downright chilly here in Florida in February as well. Sometimes it can be windy and ports can be missed in Feb as well. You will also run into a chance of severe weather up by you that could greatly alter your plane travel. There will still be kids on board as a lot of the schools in the northeast have winter break in February. I think this year you will see spring breaks at all times, not just April by Easter. For the first time here in Florida our spring break doesn't coincide with Easter, we're having it in March instead and only have 2 days off in April. I booked us on the 3/19/06 sailing on the Star Princess over my kids spring break.

If you want to get out the severe cold in February then go then, I don't think that you can really go wrong with either time frame.

we are going without the kids! We are celebrating our 20th anniversary and decided to treat ourselves with a "child-free" vacation. Granted the trip will not be child free and that is fine - we have 6 kids - we don't mind the noise and chaos at all. For us, the cruise had to be the week of school vacation as it was easier to get childcare that week at home. No one has to worry about getting the kids off to school.

If I were you I would take the kids this week to get away from the Cold and Snow!! If you can just leave a day early and head to Fort Lauderdale. Just to be sure to get out of New England incase flights are delayed, etc...

Have fun what ever you decide to do. :) I told the kids they can come next time. ;)

linda

... For the first time here in Florida our spring break doesn't coincide with Easter, we're having it in March instead and only have 2 days off in April. I booked us on the 3/19/06 sailing on the Star Princess over my kids spring break.

If you want to get out the severe cold in February then go then, I don't think that you can really go wrong with either time frame.

In Broward County (Ft lauderdale area), Spring break is the week of April 10. We're booked on the Star for that week (to make up for not taking the kids in December)!

Hi , we are from the west coast and have traveled in Feb. and March the last couple years in both the Mexican Rivera and Caribbean, there are always kids onboard , unless you do a 2 week or more trip, then you see fewer kids. We have been told that the spring break runs anywhere from mid Feb, through mid April, because of different school districts, colleges, and taking into consideration Canada as well. So if I were you I would check out the itinerary and also the weather consideration before booking.

Cori

We're from southern NH and also have Feb and April school vacations. Because of our business we can't travel in Feb and have to do our family vacation in April. I think our vaca is one week after yours so the number of kids is always a good number...not a crazy amount but plenty for our kids to have fun with.

If I could get out of the NE winter in February, I would! I would definately travel at least a day ahead to get to your embarkation destination so you avoid any weather delays. I always book early morning flights to try to avoid weather also although that usually is more important to me in April when you get those afternoon spring thunder storms.

Have fun which ever cruise you choose!

It can be cold in the Caribbean in February. This is probably not a big problem coming from Massachusetts because it will certainly be much warmer than your February. But, if you expect to spend some time at the beach swimming or snorkeling, etc. -- it may be too cold for you to enjoy the water. It is for me.

Archived