Have you ever wanted to look in the Captains cabin?

We took a tour of the ship on Thomson Celebration during the day at sea two years ago. First stop on the tour was for a cup of tea in the captain's cabin before going onto the bridge, engine room, stores, kitchens and everywhere in between. A great experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

not Thomson

It is a very entertaining and informative blog to follow...

http://captainjonathan.com/2016/02/page/11/

HAL MS Amsterdam world cruise 2016 and more

:eek:

Stevie

ps

Happy Easter to all on the Thomson forum:)

On most of the existing Thomson Ships the Captain's and senior officer's cabins are not much different to the suites on those ships and in some cases the cabins are smaller. Nothing to get excited about !! None have a balcony on the current fleet.

• 4 weeks later...
Why ? 😕

We took a tour of the ship on Thomson Celebration during the day at sea two years ago. First stop on the tour was for a cup of tea in the captain's cabin before going onto the bridge, engine room, stores, kitchens and everywhere in between. A great experience.

sounds like a wonderful experience, and glad your tour of the ship was enjoyable. Something as nice as a "Cup of Tea" to break the ice, so to speak, before the all important tour.

Thanks for sharing that story, its a pity that all the contributors to this post were not all complimentary

many years ago, I think it was 2001, we were on the Sun Cruises Seawing. We were invited to the Captains cabin, along with other couples for a beautiful evening of food, laughter and great conversation.

It was a week cruise around the Greek isles, the Captain was Greek, and the food was all Greek, and was such an informal enjoyable evening.

Finished off with a tour of the bridge.

Such a small tiny ship by today's ship standards, but it was a beautiful time.

Thanks so much to the OP and many thanks for the link

I think you mean the behind the scenes tour of the ship but from memory the cup of tea with the captain was not in his cabin !!!

We went on the very first behind the scenes tour offered on Celebration and it did indeed start with tea with the captain in his cabin. The itinerary may have changed since but what I'm telling you is a fact.