Showtimes on Maasdam?

Silverback969

We're booked on Maasdam, again, mid-April to early May. Just curious as to the showtimes each night. For the first time in a LOOONG time, we don't have dinner reservations for early seating--got last-minute reservations from the On-board Cruise Consultant, and it was too late to get reservations for the early seating. Since late seating is just a little too late, we'll be using As-You-Please dining (or whatever HAL calls their version.) We're just trying to determine what time we'll need to get to the dining room in order to still be able to get to the early showtime.

We're both looking forward to being on Maasdam again. We've had a number of nice cruises on Maasdam, including our first (and--so far--only) time booking one of the Neptune Suites. Also, only time we've sailed from a port north of Ft. Lauderdale (Norfolk, VA). Like many cruisers, we like the smaller size of Maasdam.

If they follow the pattern of every other HAL ship we've sailed on, they are generally scheduled for 8 and 10 pm. We'll be on the Maasdam for a couple months in the fall. BTW, we always eat with open seating and eat as early as the MDR is open (5:15 or 5:30pm). After a full day of shore excursion activity, we'll also eat in the Lido to save time.

Edited by Btimmer

Yes. Open Seating. THAT'S what it's called.... Thanks, Tim.

Open Seating does have its advantages. Everlovin' and I just enjoy and appreciate seeing the familiar faces every evening. We usually request a table for 2--we're not antisocial, but for the most part, we've discovered over the last 43 years that there are very few people that we'd rather be with, than just each other.

And the folks on HAL do a superb job of making us feel special, remembering that I enjoy coffee after my meal, decaf please. They figure out quickly enough that I prefer beef over fish or poultry, and I prefer it medium rare. And that my wife will usually take chicken or fish rather than red meat. And, when the dessert menu comes around, they're surprised when I don't opt for whatever is chocolate.

But, I worked for a few months as a bar waiter and figured out quickly enough that customers appreciate you remembering their drink of choice, and have the first round already on its way when they're seated, and don't let them get too dry. And they show that appreciation at the end of the evening.

But this cruise, we're probably going to use Open Seating, just because we didn't book early enough to get our preferred table-for-2 at the early seating. Again, thanks for your response. Fair winds and following seas.