Marselle Port bus and Petit train

hexdragon

I have seen a couple of posts for the port bus. What is the consensus? Is it better than the cruise line bus?

I would take the port bus as I noticed it dropped off near the same area as the ship's shuttle. I don't know the cost but it has to be cheaper than the $10eu Costa was charging for the shuttle. The bus stop was maybe 100 yards from the ship.

What about the Petit train? Has anyone used it and is it any good?

The petite train was not a true HOHO. It cost $8eu (I think) for a return trip to Notre Dame. The local bus #60 from "Old Port" cost $2eu and allows a return trip if less than 90 minutes at Notre Dame. You will probably get commentary on the petite train.

I've used the petit train to go up to Notre Dame de la Garde on the hill overlooking Marseille. I enjoyed it, you go along the coast road to start with. The 'trains' are quite frequent, so you can spend as much time as you want up there, although i think they stop running for an hour around lunchtime. They also do a shorter trip around the old part of the city but I don't think you can get off anywhere.

While in that port 2013 we used the carnival shuttle to town. Then we did take the little train up to Notre Dame Delagarde. We were able to stay at the bascillica as long as we liked. We are not much I to using public transportation (local bus) in ports. The shuttle bus parked where the train started.