Is identification needed for SDP/UBP?

There are stickers on your card. I believe if you are under drinking age, you will have a sticker for the soda program, since that's what you get.

Also, it is on your record, so even without the sticker, if someone rings you up, it will show up there. We went an entire cruise on the UDP (RIP) and never had a sticker, but never got charged for the specialties.

Thank you for your answer.

Another reason I was asking about being identified as a minor on your card is because my 21 year old son, who looks 16, is traveling with us. He does not have the UBP. Will he be able to order a drink without showing his license by just using his card?

Thank you for your answer.

Another reason I was asking about being identified as a minor on your card is because my 21 year old son, who looks 16, is traveling with us. He does not have the UBP. Will he be able to order a drink without showing his license by just using his card?

Yes he will. All minor's key cards have the bottom right corner trimmed off. That is the first thing staff look for.

They still use stickers to indicate UBP or Soda Package? Is that only if it's purchased on board? I thought these were all just printed directly on the key card (UBP or SODA).

My UBP was printed on my card, but it was one of my free perks.

--Michael

They still use stickers to indicate UBP or Soda Package? Is that only if it's purchased on board? I thought these were all just printed directly on the key card (UBP or SODA).

Yes you are correct. It is pre-printed on your card when purchased in advance. Stickers are used when you purchase the package on board.

The keycard is technically enough, but since it doesn't have a photo on it, there is a potential risk of people switching cards to buy alcohol. They do have people's photos in the system, of course, but I don't think it's possible for bar staff to call up the photo on their screens. So it would not be a bad idea for your son to have his photo ID handy to dispel any doubt in case anyone thinks he looks underage (and I hope that everyone maintains a good attitude about this minor inconvenience).

So, I have the SDP as a free perk, but only for my husband and I. The perk didn't include our two kids in our cabin. I assume that I am not allowed to give my son my card for he and hubby to go to one of the specialty restaurants while DD and I dine in one of the standard restaurants? Is that correct?

So, I have the SDP as a free perk, but only for my husband and I. The perk didn't include our two kids in our cabin. I assume that I am not allowed to give my son my card for he and hubby to go to one of the specialty restaurants while DD and I dine in one of the standard restaurants? Is that correct?

Yes, it is correct. Packages are personal and you can't use them to pay for other people in your party.

You might 'get away with that' although it isn't allowed. What you won't be able to do, it's asked regularly on here is the 3 of you go together and use 2 of your credits and 1 of your husbands.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app