Breakaway Cabin 5102

April42749

They are FWD near the waterline, and they are (sorry to disappoint) windowless - are you sailing soon on the BA / recently booked a GTY category, I assume.

It's fine, we've booked & stayed with insides - including the BA in 2014. Guess what, we are on deck 5 sailing the BA in May (Bermuda) but more mid-ship, port-side (technically, charted as AFT)

Welcome to CC, by the way ! Have you join your Roll Call - here's the link http://www.cruisecritic.com/rollcalls/?cruise_line_id=24&ship_id=642

** send from our Nexus 5X / Nexus 6 - using Tapatalk over Fi Network, 120 countries !!

Edited by mking8288

Well, it is pretty forward, so a fairly long walk (150 +/- steps) from the FWD stairs & elevators, not necessary good for someone with mobility issues & nice daily exercises after a "big" meal. It's great on port days & very short to the gangway to go ashore/coming back onboard, without waiting for elevators & doing the stairs.

And, much easier to get into those "small" elevators to go up to deck 15 for the pool & buffet.

I don't recall hearing or reading about issues being under the theater (and, any possible noises are usually not a factor after 11 PM, unless you sleep early) - that area is mostly for crews & storage, and I don't think you will hear or feel any noises, banging or carts being moved around - maybe on dis/embarkation day only.

The "long walk" is a positive. But another negative is the size; it looks really tiny (129 sq feet!!!)

Also, being so far forward may cause "movement issues".

This isn't my first time with a guarantee but it's the first time that, in my opinion, I got the worst case scenario. I never got a better category but I always got something I considered decent.

Anyway, DH told me to change into whatever makes me happy so I'll be checking frequently.