Alaska Vancouver to seattle

kona_wahine

Thinking of booking an Alaska cruise that leaves from Vancouver and ends in Seattle. We live in Oregon and could drive to Seattle and fly to Vancouver. My question is what the parking and transfer costs would be. I think we would just park at what ever economy lot Seatac would have. What would transfers cost from Vancouver to port and port to Seatac?

Could you leave your car at home and take Amtrak Cascades both directions ??

Other options are Quick Shuttle, Greyhound, and Bolt Bus. You need to be mindful of where their depots are in relation to the pier, as a short taxi ride might be needed.

If you DO park at SeaTac, Seattle Express runs a shuttle to/from pier and airport for $15pp.

I concur with Mapleleaves comment above. You should take the train. Even if coming from Eugene, you could make it all the way up to Vancouver in one day by the train. Just go the day before the cruise. Why bother with parking, shuttles, TSA, and all the other headaches. Plus the train has wifi, so you can keep up on your cruise critic posts!

Good luck with this. We live in Seattle, and have taken the one-nighter once, as well as the four-day Vancouver->Ketchikan->Seattle run once. Logistics are tricky no matter how you do it. The train doesn't stop anywhere near the cruise terminal, and neither do the buses, in Seattle. You almost have to park there then take a cab to the bus/train.

Can't speak for Seattle, but if you do decide on the train up to Vancouver, Pacific Central station is on the eastern edge of the downtown core and a short cab right into downtown Vancouver.

Alternatively, you could skip the cab and take the SkyTrain a couple stops in - Main Street/ScienceWorld station is just outside the door of Pacific Central. Depending on where you'd be staying or heading, you'd likely head to Granville/Burrard Stations (hotels) or Waterfront Station (next door to cruise ship terminal).

As an aside, my wife and I plan on taking the train roundtrip on either side of our Seattle cruise. It's an enjoyable ride.