Advice needed on a pack and go cruise

jxtgreek

I am hoping some seasoned travelers can help me. I have booked a pack and go cruise for the end of April. I was told at the time that there is no refund (I understand that). My wife just had emergency heart surgery so we are unable to take the cruise. Do I have any options? Someone suggested I can give the cruise to my daughter (same last name). Is that possible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can try to buy the insurance now, but it is now a "pre-existing" so might not be covered and then you'd be out that money too.

Pack and Go terms include: "The full payment is non-refundable and non-transferable."

The good news is that you probably got a great rate, so hopefully aren't out too much money. If you prepaid your gratuities, that should be refunded.

Hope your wife is doing well and has a full recovery.

regarding trip insurance, could I purchase it now? at least to get some kind of refund

Nope! You should have bought it the day you booked. That's like getting into a car accident and not have insurance then go purchase insurance to cover yourself. It doesn't work that way. I won't preach, but this is a classic case of "you're too late." Sorry for your wife and a speedy recovery.

Have you tried calling the cruiseline and asking them about it? They might let you transfer to another cruise minus a service fee or give you a future cruise credit. Worth a shot as you've got nothing to lose. Sorry about you wife, hope she feels better soon.

Edited by shaharis1701

Have you tried calling the cruiseline and asking them about it? They might let you transfer to another cruise minus a service fee or give you a future cruise credit. Worth a shot as you've got nothing to lose. Sorry about you wife, hope she feels better soon.

I was going to suggest the same thing. Worse thing they could do is say no

If you call and they will not allow you to switch to a later cruise (I wouldn't expect them to allow it but worth a shot) then I would try and see if they will allow you to put your daughter on instead of your wife and pay a small fee to switch her name. If they allow that then your daughter could show up and you could be a no-show. The downside is she would have to go alone, not sure if she would want to do that or not.