internet package

honybunyyy

Info I found at the Carnival website:

What plans are offered? New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

• Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.
  • Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).
  • Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

Info I found at the Carnival website:

What plans are offered? New Upgraded Plans

We have upgraded our communications technology to the latest, state of the art systems and guests now have access to much faster speeds at an affordable price! Want to share that awesome photo? Need to Skype home? Our ships now feature our awesome new internet plans. No other cruise line offers these speeds at these great prices!

We offer three different types of plans that can be purchased for either a 24 hour period or for the entire length of the cruise at a discount - price for voyage plans vary by length of cruise:

• Social ($5 USD per day) – Access the most popular websites and applications. Includes: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Linkedin, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and Snapchat. Does not include access to other websites or apps.
  • Value ($16 USD per day) – Surf all your favorite sites, including e-mail, news, sports, weather, banking and finance. Note: Does not support Skype calling or music streaming (such as Spotify).
  • Premium ($25 USD per day) – From e-mail to Skype, our Premium plan promises the fastest possible connection, at speeds up to 3 times faster than our Value Plan. Supports Skype video calling, where coverage allows.

Users may easily upgrade from one plan to another. Users may use one device at a time on each plan, including either their personal devices or one of our on-board computers. All plans exclude video streaming (such as Netflix or Hulu). Cellular-network-dependent WiFi Calling and Facetime services are also not supported at this time. Printing is offered at no charge.

That's per day, what about the entire week. Any savings for that?

Hmmmmm, makes me wonder why they didn't post the "package" deal price. $60 seems low to me for a week, and the prices shown seem too high.

I think they just don't post them because they have cruises ranging from 3-13 days... I am guessing that the price changes based on the overall length of your cruise.

I can confirm that in December, I was charged $60 for the Value plan on a 7 day cruise on Valor.

Edited by BTHodgeman

I'm not sure if the Internet packages are yet consistent across the fleet but we paid $60 for the value package on an eight-day cruise. This was a fixed price.

Also, your time is not metered like it was in the past. You can use it any time throughout the cruise. And yes, sometimes works slowly or not at all.

Just off the Liberty for 8 day was $60 for value, and $99 for the premium, both for all week. My cabin was all the way at the front of the ship, and it barely worked there. Pretty good in the Library and the Sport's Bar. I was able to switch easily between my iPhone, iPad, and Macbook.