Connection to Southhampton airport

Pilgrim70

We're on the July 22 Fjords on QE. Flying directly between Boston and SOU.

The return flight leaves SOU at 10:50, July 29, the day we complete cruise. Told ship docks very early around 6 AM. Should we be concerned about making our return flight without problems.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

JB is your man of detail, but I would think that you'd be OK..taking a taxi from the port to SOU. SOU is only a tiddler of an airport.....are you connecting in Dublin, flying Aer Lingus to Boston?

http://www.southamptonairport.com

No shopping malls!

You will find more info on the ports of call/Europe/British Isles section of cruise critic.

Edited by turnip eater

As long as you are off First Thing doing the Self disembarkation, Check in at Southampton Airport is quite quick (Usually) With Fly be However there may be extra checks happening. It may also make a difference as you would be travelling on to Boston after your first Aircraft change, which I presume could be Dublin.

Edited by Pennbank

I think you would need to opt for 'self disembarkation' (usually takes place just as soon as the ship docks)

If you do opt for self disembarkation, do make sure you arrange this in advance with the Purser's desk and you NEED to make sure you collect a self disembarkation card from the front desk the evening before.

You'll find a Taxi stand just outside the main doors, the drive to the airport should be quiet that time of the morning.