Montreal change in Cruise Port

Wine Taster

This link may be helpful in figuring out how easy it is to get from one area to the other and connecting metro stations with points of interest.

In the Olympic village area, you can go up the stadium tower and get a unique view of the city and the surroundings.

http://mtlmap.com/

There are also some hotels in that area. Nothing chic or fancy cuisine but pre cruise ok. You are also not too far from Little Italy where you can get some awsome meals ! Also accessible by metro or short taxi ride.

Bienvenue a Montreal !

Edited by Sailingpeace

• 1 month later...

I assume most people would prefer to stay in Old Montreal. However, in another post I found a recommendation for a hotel up near Pie IX. I didn't keep it, as I'm already booked at a B&B near Centre Bell, but for those who may want to stay near the temporary port location, the hotel DOES look nice - and affordable, especially after you convert CAD to USD. You could probably find the hotel recommendation with a little searching.

Just off the Veendam and left Montreal via the temporary port at Berth 34-35.

Stayed in old Montreal and the cab ride was 25CAD with tip from the Springhill Suites.

By the way, embarkation at the temporary facility was easy and fast. It definitely is not a place you can walk to as it is at the far end from the entrance to the commercial port.

Edited by SJSULIBRARIAN