coral Princess - wheelhouse & other ???

coordinator23

I have just looked at the patters for the Princess Coral Panama canal cruises, and I did not notice the Wheelhouse mentioned as a place for food. Does this ship offer a pub style meal like the Ruby Princess does/did?? Also, we will be on the April 15th sailing -- any good tips for us?

Any good excursions for seniors that require little or no walking?

Anyone familiar with this ship who is willing to share some tips, suggestions, or secrets? I really would welcome some advise. This is a bucket list trip for my 90 year old father (and mother).

Thank you in advance. Cruise Critic people always are so helpful

They don't serve food in the Wheelhouse bar on the Coral. It's for drinks, dancing in the evenings, as has a dance floor, and some other events through out the day will be held in there.

The Pub lunch is held in the Bayou Café and when we sailed this past February on the 10-day partial transit, they had it twice. If you are real hungry, order more than one plate. We ordered a fish basket each, and then one shrimp basket to split, and worked out just right for us.

Thank you for the information. I've only been on two Princess cruises, so I'm kind of a Princess newbie in some ways. I am looking forward to this cruise. Most of my cruises have been on Royal and I enjoy her smaller ships that appear to be about the same size as Coral. All of my Princess Cruise experiences have been very positive. I enjoyed my Alaskan cruise tour several years ago on Diamond and a lovely 10 day on Ruby when she was the newest ship in the collection. I know the cruise into the Panama Canal will be wonderful based on past experiences. I see you've sailed Coral a couple of times, and I know from experience that I only sail more than once on ships I like.

You will love Coral for Panama Canal. The forward and aft viewing areas are great (but can get crowded - especially the forward area). We did a 17 day SF to FLL last September/October on Coral and it was a great cruise.

She is a lovely ship, we sailed on the Coral in January. As far as food, other than the main dining room we enjoyed the specialty restaurant Bayou Cafe. The filet was just perfection! The buffet setup was very good, and the pizza was excellent. We are the fish and chips one day for lunch and they were so, so.

She is a lovely ship, we sailed on the Coral in January. As far as food, other than the main dining room we enjoyed the specialty restaurant Bayou Cafe. The filet was just perfection! The buffet setup was very good, and the pizza was excellent. We are the fish and chips one day for lunch and they were so, so.

We enjoyed pizza from Alfredo's at lunch time in Sabatini's. Much better than the Lido deck pizza.

Thank you for the information. I've only been on two Princess cruises, so I'm kind of a Princess newbie in some ways. I am looking forward to this cruise. Most of my cruises have been on Royal and I enjoy her smaller ships that appear to be about the same size as Coral. All of my Princess Cruise experiences have been very positive. I enjoyed my Alaskan cruise tour several years ago on Diamond and a lovely 10 day on Ruby when she was the newest ship in the collection. I know the cruise into the Panama Canal will be wonderful based on past experiences. I see you've sailed Coral a couple of times, and I know from experience that I only sail more than once on ships I like.

Can you compare princess coral to a rccl ship within the same size, class, etc. I often cruise royal and have been on the diamond, but I'm looking at the Coral as well for our alaskan cruise., Just curious - thanks

Can you explain this? How did you eat from one restaurant at another? Is there a cost?

There is no dedicated Alfredo's on Coral Princess but they operate Sabatini's as Alfredo's during lunch. (Sabatini's doesn't serve lunch so the venue is free to be used as Alfredo's.)

There is no cost. They are considered personal sized pizzas (not just slices) but my wife and I share one and it is plenty for both of us. Others get their own separate pizzas - it depends on how much you can eat (or want to eat). I know people often say that pizza up on Lido deck is good but we have always found it to be "meh" at best. We find Alfredo's to be much better pizza.

Adding to what Thrak was saying, there is a limited menu when they have the Alfredo's lunch in Sabatini's. It's not the same as going to the Alfredo's restaurant on other ships.

This was the menu last month on the Coral:

25014212651_5ef3f39f7f_z.jpga43 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

This is the Coral Princess from the menu:

24476836324_48defd8554_z.jpga45 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

This is the Vegetariana:

24989326242_5262850cb0_z.jpga46 by Cool Runnings, on Flickr

A lot different from top side pizza although I really like their thin crust pepperoni up there and hard to pass by with out grabbing a slice at times.