Woo...hoo...got my guarantee cabin today!

Theodorable

I am going solo on the Pacific Coastal cruise on May 1 and I just received my guarantee cabin today. I am 33 days out so I thought this was quite early. I originally booked an ocean view, then prices dropped and I changed to a guarantee ocean view and was refunded $112 by Norwegian. Then prices dropped again so I changed to a guarantee balcony and just found that I have been allocated a BA on deck 10. Very happy.

I also have the UBP and the freebee dinner package along with some OBC. What was also nice was that I didn't have to pay the 200% going solo for this cruise....it was $150%

I am going solo on the Pacific Coastal cruise on May 1 and I just received my guarantee cabin today. I am 33 days out so I thought this was quite early. I originally booked an ocean view, then prices dropped and I changed to a guarantee ocean view and was refunded $112 by Norwegian. Then prices dropped again so I changed to a guarantee balcony and just found that I have been allocated a BA on deck 10. Very happy.

I also have the UBP and the freebee dinner package along with some OBC. What was also nice was that I didn't have to pay the 200% going solo for this cruise....it was $150%

Nice....we are booked on the Jewel for 04/10 and still no cabin assignment...

You didn't have to pay a cancellation fee when the price dropped?

since I am so far from my cruise whether my cabin could change again! The only way is up so I will definitely be keeping my eye on it. I love guarantees....save lots of money and then it is like Christmas when the cabin is allocated :=)

I suppose one day I could have a yucky cabin but I have been very lucky so far

since I am so far from my cruise whether my cabin could change again! The only way is up so I will definitely be keeping my eye on it. I love guarantees....save lots of money and then it is like Christmas when the cabin is allocated :=)

I suppose one day I could have a yucky cabin but I have been very lucky so far

You are very lucky.

I usually book guarantees also, and in the past was always happy.

But for my 5/1cruise, our luck ran out. I'm planning to upgrade too.

Edited by April42749

You didn't have to pay a cancellation fee when the price dropped?

I booked through an online TA. When the price dropped it was easy to switch from the ocean view guarantee to the balcony guarantee. On reflection, I did have to pay about $30 to do this so I suppose I upgraded. Well worth it as far as I am concerned. Even having to pay the $30 when you take into account the $112 refunded to my cc by Norwegian before final payment, I am still well ahead. Especially travelling as a solo.....I think Norwegian are great in this regard.