Has Civitavecchia port entrance moved?

gibbetygibb

Hi Everyone,

I have read that the port entrance has moved along from the fort due to construction work and it means the walk from the train station is a fair bit longer.

Does anyone know anything about this, and where the entrance is now located?

Also we have booked a first class ticket on the Regionale Veloce train from Roma Termini to Civitavecchia for 10:12, arriving 11:13. Does anyone know if it's likely to be really busy?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

I have read that the port entrance has moved along from the fort due to construction work and it means the walk from the train station is a fair bit longer.

Does anyone know anything about this, and where the entrance is now located?

Also we have booked a first class ticket on the Regionale Veloce train from Roma Termini to Civitavecchia for 10:12, arriving 11:13. Does anyone know if it's likely to be really busy?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, the port entrance has moved & the walk is longer. The shuttle will drop you off at a parking lot across from Eurocar/Scafuro Bruno (you can see it on Google maps).

Edited by dogs4fun

Yes, the port entrance has moved & the walk is longer. The shuttle will drop you off at a parking lot across from Eurocar/Scafuro Bruno (you can see it on Google maps).

Hi there, thanks for the reply.

This confuses me a little as the only shuttle we would be getting is from the port entrance to the ship (we are coming FROM Rome rather than going to Rome)?

Is the Eurocar the place I need to go to to get the shuttle to the ship?

Coming from the train station, the walk to the port entrance would now be about twice as long as it previously was. It appears this new entrance may be a permanent change (initially it was thought to be temporary).

You have the option of walking or taking a local bus that runs a loop from the train station to the new port entrance. Cost for the bus is 80 euro cents per person and there is luggage storage space, I think. (Haven't done it yet.)

At the new entrance (the location listed above), there are free port shuttles to take passengers through the port and to their ship.

Coming from the train station, the walk to the port entrance would now be about twice as long as it previously was. It appears this new entrance may be a permanent change (initially it was thought to be temporary).

You have the option of walking or taking a local bus that runs a loop from the train station to the new port entrance. Cost for the bus is 80 euro cents per person and there is luggage storage space, I think. (Haven't done it yet.)

At the new entrance (the location listed above), there are free port shuttles to take passengers through the port and to their ship.

Hi, so sorry but I'm still struggling here. When I search for Euro Car or the other place, both are really recessed from the waterfront so I don't understand how the port entrance can be near them. Google maps are showing them as being in the middle of town. Could anyone who knows do a huge favour and plot a point on Google maps and take a screen shot?

Thank you!

Adam

Hi, so sorry but I'm still struggling here. When I search for Euro Car or the other place, both are really recessed from the waterfront so I don't understand how the port entrance can be near them. Google maps are showing them as being in the middle of town. Could anyone who knows do a huge favour and plot a point on Google maps and take a screen shot?

Thank you!

Adam

Click on the underlined hyperlink in this post and you will see the location.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47654632&postcount=7