Alaska sandwiches

pdw26

I didn't realise it would cause so much discussion, I should have posted the link. It is Cruise Critic that is suggesting this. I was surprised which is why I asked. See http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=2225.

quote if you are in a port that allows you to take off food (mainly US ports and caribbean) save money by packing lunch before you head out. . . A pre made sandwich provided by the cruise line, which HAL does in Alaska . . . /.quote.

Someone should tell CC that this advice is not sound.

The difference is, that the link is from cruisecritic.co.UK. Europe is not so anal about this stuff, especially in the eurozone. Many people report taking food off in Europe, and Europeans report it is not a problem. I have seen passengers from Europe making sandwiches at breakfast on QM2 in the Caribbean to take ashore. Don't know if they were stopped. EM

I didn't realise it would cause so much discussion, I should have posted the link. It is Cruise Critic that is suggesting this. I was surprised which is why I asked. See http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/articles.cfm?ID=2225.

quote if you are in a port that allows you to take off food (mainly US ports and caribbean) save money by packing lunch before you head out. . . A pre made sandwich provided by the cruise line, which HAL does in Alaska . . . /.quote.

Someone should tell CC that this advice is not sound.

Well, there we have it. If it's on CC it MUST be true!!

But really. You've spent how much money on a cruise and you want to pack a pre-made sandwich in case you get hungry on an excursion? Who wants to eat that after it's been carried around all morning in a backpack or purse? It would't look pretty, or smell good! Yuck.

The tour operator provided as packaged lunch. Sandwich, fruit, chips and cookies. The lunch may be different, but similar. No food taken off of the ship that is not packages (chips, cookies, candies etc.).