how far in advance so excursions get released?

hlb76

We just booked Magic for late Jan 2017. There is nothing listed yet for excursions nor is FTTF open. I'm wondering when we will start seeing them pop up? I'm more interested in FTTF than anything else. This is the first booking where nothing has been released when I booked.

thanks in advance

I was wondering the same thing, we are booked first week of February and nothing. I've booked further out than that before and have been able to look for excursions. It's been a few years since I've cruised, though, so maybe this is something newish? Hopefully soon :)

Generally 6-8 months. I've been told that excursions for my Jan cruise will be ready sometime between May and July.

I was told 9-12 months out. And this does have to be new because our last cruise was October and we were looking at excursions in September a year earlier and booked FTTF by January.

FTTF became available to us about 8 months out on our last cruise in January and the excursions came 6 months out. We are booked for this December and excursions are already out plus we already have FTTF. So happy lol.

We don't have any excursions listed for our August 2017 cruise though and I check to get FTTF every day.

Edited by mjhouse2

We are going on our first cruise Jan 1 2017 and was wondering when excursions and FTTF would be out as well. I asked my PVP and he said generally 6 - 8 months so he was thinking around May but said I should start looking just in case.

I have 2 questions though.

1) Do you get FTTF purchased through the shore excursion section?

2) Do you pay the total cost for FTTF and excursions at time of booking them or do you pay a deposit on them then pay later like with the cruise?

Thankyou

I was told 9-12 months out. And this does have to be new because our last cruise was October and we were looking at excursions in September a year earlier and booked FTTF by January.

I know it has to be new. I booked some excursions for my upcoming November cruise while I was on my cruise last November so 12 months to the day.

I booked FTTF in early January this year for a late October sailing.

We are sailing in Oct as well. I think we booked in Dec. This was our xmas gift to the kids. FTTF was available at booking for us then.

We are going on our first cruise Jan 1 2017 and was wondering when excursions and FTTF would be out as well. I asked my PVP and he said generally 6 - 8 months so he was thinking around May but said I should start looking just in case.

I have 2 questions though.

1) Do you get FTTF purchased through the shore excursion section?

2) Do you pay the total cost for FTTF and excursions at time of booking them or do you pay a deposit on them then pay later like with the cruise?

Thankyou

From what I've read on this forum, it seems that if you have a 2017 cruise - they are still negotiating contracts with tour operators until April 2016. Most, if not all, excursions should be listed for 2016 cruises already.

Also to answer your questions...

1) FTTF is available through shore excursions as an excursion at your embarkation port.

2) You pay for all excursions in total at the time of booking.

From what I've read on this forum, it seems that if you have a 2017 cruise - they are still negotiating contracts with tour operators until April 2016. Most, if not all, excursions should be listed for 2016 cruises already.

Also to answer your questions...

1) FTTF is available through shore excursions as an excursion at your embarkation port.

2) You pay for all excursions in total at the time of booking.

Thankyou very much Bumbles!