First time platinum boarding?!?!

etruriaguy

I am travelling with my parents on the Queen Elizabeth around mid May and it is my first voyage as a platinum member, but my mum and dad are both still gold members.

Do we have to board together as we are sharing a room? We were advised by one rep over the phone that I would have to!

As a joke I've been saying I'm gonna ditch them in the terminal and warm up the champagne bar for them till they get to board. You could probably guess my mothers reaction to that. ;-).

I was just wondering how it works with the different levels for boarding.

Thanks so much in advance. :-)

If you are sharing the same room you'll check-in together and board the ship together. :)

Edited: Just re reading your post , Are your parents arriving much later than you? not too sure by your comment "Do we 'have to' board together"

Unfortunately, you may find the Champagne Bar or the Commodore closed on embarkation morning/early afternoon. The Crew tend not to appear until after the boat drill around 5ish ........however you could always try the Pub.;)

Edited by Bell Boy

If you are sharing the same room you'll check-in together and board the ship together. :)

Edited: Just re reading your post , Are your parents arriving much later than you? not too sure by your comment "Do we 'have to' board together"

Unfortunately, you may find the Champagne Bar or the Commodore closed on embarkation morning/early afternoon. The Crew tend not to appear until after the boat drill around 5ish ........however you could always try the Pub.;)

Or drink the Pol Acker in the cabin :cool:

J

Hey

Thank you both so much for the replies.

We will be arriving together. I've been teasing mum and dad saying I'd ditch them as I've earned my right to express check in with my platinum status and they'd have to wait they're turn. I'm very cruel. Lol. ;-). Funny thing is, I totally would. The best thing would be if our balcony faced the departure lounge so I could wave at them from the balcony glass in hand!!!! Karma will bite me back I'm sure. Hehe. But that's amazing if we can all go on board right away.

Very excited about the trip. Just got home and the tickets have arrived today. Woohoooo. :-)

I am travelling with my parents on the Queen Elizabeth around mid May and it is my first voyage as a platinum member, but my mum and dad are both still gold members.

Do we have to board together as we are sharing a room? We were advised by one rep over the phone that I would have to!

As a joke I've been saying I'm gonna ditch them in the terminal and warm up the champagne bar for them till they get to board. You could probably guess my mothers reaction to that. ;-).

I was just wondering how it works with the different levels for boarding.

Thanks so much in advance. :-)[/quote

If Boarding from Southampton, Yes you should be able to board all together, However when showing your Cruise ticket to the staff who will issue you with a colour coded card for you to attend the checking in desk, Do tell them that you are Platinum (They do not always notice) and that you ask that your parents join you, You should then all be issued with a Blue coloured Card with a letter on. You then sit down with the rest of the Mob. No longer are Platinum and Diamond members placed with the Grills.

Edited by Pennbank

I'm platinum but my husband wasn't but we boarded together and I took him as my guest to the extra cocktail party. Now at that cocktail party you could actually choose a drink you enjoy rather than just accepting one from the tray. The waiter took our order and kindly disappeared to get mine made, unfortunately as he made his way to deliver our drinks he was hijacked by other guests who took our drinks. He apologised profusely and returned to get more but this time took a different route to our table.

Thank you so much again everyone.

Very helpful tips for arrival and the perks on board. Am very excited now. :-)

My mum was a tad miffed about the cocktail party. Haha. But she'll be thrilled that I can take her along. Am sure she won't need to fight it out with my dad over who else goes as he would be quite happy seeing us at the dinning room and having an hour or so to himself haha :-)

Thank you so much again everyone.

Very helpful tips for arrival and the perks on board. Am very excited now. :-)

My mum was a tad miffed about the cocktail party. Haha. But she'll be thrilled that I can take her along. Am sure she won't need to fight it out with my dad over who else goes as he would be quite happy seeing us at the dinning room and having an hour or so to himself haha :-)

The officers Drinks party are often held at 11.00 so your dad will have to go to the Pub instead

The officers Drinks party are often held at 11.00 so your dad will have to go to the Pub instead

Tend to disagree as of late. So be prepared for either.

The Captain and Deputy Captain, Chief Engineer and Hotel Managers Party has been Formal and held in the Queens Room before Dinner.

The Captain and Cunard Wold Club representatives for Cunard World Club members ,again has been Held in The Queens Room before Dinner..But is sometimes Informal.

The everyone invited to The Captains Cocktail Party which is published in the Daily Programme is always formal and again has been held before Dinner at 5.15pm or 7.45pm depending on sitting times.

Edited by Pennbank

Speaking of champagne....do those passengers in the Grills still get a bottle of Champagne plus a bottle of Pol Acker when they arrive in their cabin on embarkation? :)

Yes, in QG you get both, plus 2 x 1ltr spirits and free beer and mixers.

The Captain and Deputy Captain, Chief Engineer and Hotel Managers Party has been Formal and held in the Queens Room before Dinner.

...or the Winter Garden.

Stewart

Edited by BigMac1953

Yes, in QG you get both, plus 2 x 1ltr spirits and free beer and mixers.

...or the Winter Garden.

Stewart

The Grills Cocktail Party is always the first one of the events.

Edited by Pennbank

Tend to disagree as of late. So be prepared for either.

The Captain and Cunard Wold Club representatives for Cunard World Club members ,again has been Held in The Queens Room before Dinner..But is sometimes Informal.

The everyone invited to The Captains Cocktail Party which is published in the Daily Programme is always formal and again has been held before Dinner at 5.15pm or 7.45pm depending on sitting times.

Hmnnn. I've been to the Senior Officers party on a number of occasions when it has been held in the G32.

Quite a niche gathering but of course that was on Queen Mary 2.

Edited by Solent Richard