1st time in Bermuda

Profix

We are going to Bermuda on Breakaway in June. Its our 1st time there. Ive read lots of the threads . We wanna see the beaches (better ones), Blue Hole Park (especially the waterfall) out side of those we aren't really sure.. What would you suggest to definitely see and things that just weren't worth it or not as exciting to see. My wife loves photography so Im sure she'll want some awesome pics to take home also.

thanks for you assistance

We are going to Bermuda on Breakaway in June. Its our 1st time there. Ive read lots of the threads . We wanna see the beaches (better ones), Blue Hole Park (especially the waterfall) out side of those we aren't really sure.. What would you suggest to definitely see and things that just weren't worth it or not as exciting to see. My wife loves photography so Im sure she'll want some awesome pics to take home also.

thanks for you assistance

St. George is a must see in my opinion.

Beaches, Horseshoe Bay as a must see. Warwick Long Bay, Elbow Beach, Tobacco are worth seeing.

Hamilton. Fort Catherine, and Gibbs Lighthouse.

Castle Harbour.

Overrated, Caves, Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo.

St. George is a must see in my opinion.

Beaches, Horseshoe Bay as a must see. Warwick Long Bay, Elbow Beach, Tobacco are worth seeing.

Hamilton. Fort Catherine, and Gibbs Lighthouse.

Castle Harbour.

Overrated, Caves, Bermuda Aquarium and Zoo.

thank you Charles, I was wondering how much is over rated and this at least gives me a start. I truly appreciate it

There is a waterfall? Where is it located?

im not exactly sure but my wife says she heard someone say there was one near or at blue hole park

Edited by Profix

There is a waterfall? Where is it located?

I don't recall a waterfall. How could that be? How could there be a waterfall and if there was one how could I forget? It was a while ago now that I was there, maybe 10 years ago, probably time for a return trip for me. Blue Hole has a pond and caves. But I don't the think a waterfall. There is cave drip. Blue Hole is definitely worth it for nature lovers.

Edited by Charles4515

• 3 weeks later...
thank you Charles, I was wondering how much is over rated and this at least gives me a start. I truly appreciate it

Interesting on how people can have differing opinions. We have been to Bermuda twice (was just there last Oct. and going again on May 1. We visited the caves and did just the one for $18. We chose Chrystal Cave and it was really beautiful in there. GREAT for picture taking too. I thought it was prettier than the commercial caves we went to in Virginia. On our last cruise we had our 3 year old granddaughter with us and we had a rainy day and decided to go to the zoo/aquarium. Mind you we live way up in northern Maine and there are no zoos in Maine really. We loved the zoo and aquarium and so did the little one. Only $10 for all. When you get the Madagascar section there are free roaming lemers, so adorable and yes, another great photo op.

As for beaches, Horseshoe Bay is a must. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I recommend taking the bus to Warwick Long Bay and seeing a straight long beach with good waves and really pink course sand and then walking the trail to the far right on the beach towards Horseshoe (about a 1/2 hour lovely walk). You will pass beautiful, picturesque Jobsons Cove (you wife will LOVE that). Then you end up at Horseshoe bay where there is food, drink, chairs, umbrellas, etc. Make sure you check out the far right of the beach where there is a secluded cove.....sooooo pretty.

I also highly recommend you make a stop at Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. Only $2.50 pp to climb the inside steps. When you step outside at the top the view of the area (and almost the entire of Bermuda) is worth a million bucks. Great photo op again.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Bermuda. Just riding the bus from place to place is amazing as the views of the turquoise water on either side of the road along the way is amazing. Can't take your eyes off it.

Interesting on how people can have differing opinions. We have been to Bermuda twice (was just there last Oct. and going again on May 1. We visited the caves and did just the one for $18. We chose Chrystal Cave and it was really beautiful in there. GREAT for picture taking too. I thought it was prettier than the commercial caves we went to in Virginia. On our last cruise we had our 3 year old granddaughter with us and we had a rainy day and decided to go to the zoo/aquarium. Mind you we live way up in northern Maine and there are no zoos in Maine really. We loved the zoo and aquarium and so did the little one. Only $10 for all. When you get the Madagascar section there are free roaming lemers, so adorable and yes, another great photo op.

As for beaches, Horseshoe Bay is a must. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!! I recommend taking the bus to Warwick Long Bay and seeing a straight long beach with good waves and really pink course sand and then walking the trail to the far right on the beach towards Horseshoe (about a 1/2 hour lovely walk). You will pass beautiful, picturesque Jobsons Cove (you wife will LOVE that). Then you end up at Horseshoe bay where there is food, drink, chairs, umbrellas, etc. Make sure you check out the far right of the beach where there is a secluded cove.....sooooo pretty.

I also highly recommend you make a stop at Gibbs Hill Lighthouse. Only $2.50 pp to climb the inside steps. When you step outside at the top the view of the area (and almost the entire of Bermuda) is worth a million bucks. Great photo op again.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Bermuda. Just riding the bus from place to place is amazing as the views of the turquoise water on either side of the road along the way is amazing. Can't take your eyes off it.

I agree about opinions. My opinion about the caves is probably because I have seen huge caves. And as far as the zoo and Aquarium since I live 15 from the National Zoo, I go several times a year, and 35 minutes from the National Aquarium in Baltimore my views of the the BAMZ are colored by that.

Either purchase or check out from the library a Bermuda travel guide. Then YOU decided what interests YOU to go see. I know folks who have gone and said Crystal Caves was the highlight of their trip and others said it was a waste of an afternoon, so obviously the same thing does not appeal to everyone. Public transportation is easy and convenient, too. Also, check out the excursions now, on line that your ship is offering, just kind of as a guide to see what is offered to see and do. We are going to Bermuda in June (we've cruised to Bermuda well over 20 times over the years) It's our favorite island to visit.