Aft cabins on Arcadia

Growler5010

I apologise if this question has been asked before. Due to the slope on the aft of Arcadia, can anyone tell me if the aft cabin balconies have more sun than shade or do they differ dependant on the deck? I ask because I can't sit in full sun due to a health problem & we are thinking of booking an aft cabin on a world sector in 2018. Thanks.

I apologise if this question has been asked before. Due to the slope on the aft of Arcadia, can anyone tell me if the aft cabin balconies have more sun than shade or do they differ dependant on the deck? I ask because I can't sit in full sun due to a health problem & we are thinking of booking an aft cabin on a world sector in 2018. Thanks.

Hello Growler, the best aft cabins for shade are on D deck, each of the other aft cabins have some shade but not completely covered as with D deck.

Go for it

Bal

That was my picture of the D-deck aft cabin on Arcadia. As the image suggests, the balcony is massive and the sunlit area is quite small. What the picture doesn't show is how gloomy it makes the cabin - unlike a typical balcony cabin where the balcony is bathe in daylight and therefore passes light into the cabin, on those D deck aft cabins you get this effect of a long dark passage with some brightness at the end of it. I seem to recall that we had the cabin light on quite a lot of the time.

I did a post here in my blog (http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk) about balcony cabins on Arcadia.

That was my picture of the D-deck aft cabin on Arcadia. As the image suggests, the balcony is massive and the sunlit area is quite small. What the picture doesn't show is how gloomy it makes the cabin - unlike a typical balcony cabin where the balcony is bathe in daylight and therefore passes light into the cabin, on those D deck aft cabins you get this effect of a long dark passage with some brightness at the end of it. I seem to recall that we had the cabin light on quite a lot of the time.

I did a post here in my blog (http://tomscruiseblog.co.uk) about balcony cabins on Arcadia.

Thank you Tom, your blog & photos are really helpful. May have to rethink as I hate staying in a dingy cabin.