Just off NCL Escape and I'm jumping ship

Just off NCL Escape 10 days or so ago.

Embarkation and Disembarkation was the worst we ever experienced.

Thought the room (Oceanview) was excellent, best room we have had.

Food and drinks were both better than our recent experiences on Royal.

Price/Value better than Royal (Cruise+"free" drinks on NCL was comparable to cruise only on RCL, same week, similar ship, similar itinerary, booked 18 months in advance).

One major item for us though was the lack of "relax" space. Pool deck was either the frenzied kids space or adults only, no real space for us to be as a "family". Similarly lots of bars and restaurants but nothing where we felt we could just sit, relax, talk, play some cards. The bars went from closed to loud and packed and we couldn't really find a space to just sit and chill.

We had 4 families along, I think if we had not had the kids along (and plan to bring them on future cruises) we would have been interested in doing an onboard booking for another NCL but decided to hold off instead and wait for RCL to one day release their schedule so we can consider RCL options instead for the next booking (Thanksgiving 17).

Liked NCL didn't love it though.

Interesting. I had a great time on our Norwegian Escape cruise and would love to go back one day. It was a nice change of pace from always sailing on Royal ships.

I still plan on sailing RCI a couple of times a year but I think maybe every 2 or 3 years or so I would like to try another line (most likely Celebrity, NCL, MSC).

I totally agree. I jumped ship to NCL last year and have been on Breakaway and Getaway, with Escape coming up in September. The service and food were by far superior to my recent Royal cruises (Oasis and Explorer). The entertainment is definitely on par!

It is a nice change of pace. I'm definitely getting tired of RCI and so NCL is a nice change of pace...also have a Celebrity and MSC booked.

I thought about switching our June Freedom cruise to NCL because of the deal they had going with the drink packages and such, and it would've saved us some money, but when I tried emailing the agent that sent us the advertisement email heard nothing for a week. Called her, no response. Called the cruise line, was just on hold forever so gave up. We've sailed NCL before and thought it was great, but if it's that difficult to actually talk to someone, well, I'll just stick with the reservation I have and have a great time earning my loyalty points [emoji39]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I sailed NCL last year.. first cruise ever but I was not disappointed, had a good time, service was excellent, food was good but not WOW as i was expecting.. but then I didnt have anything to compare to. Will be sailing Oasis in May and it might just blow my expectations out of the water..

I guess Go Big, or Go Home! LOL :p:D