Just off NCL Escape and I'm jumping ship

I just got off of the NCL Escape and I think I'm heading back to Royal Caribbean. NCL was ok, but it really can't compare to the Oasis Class. Can any one tell me if RCI has an upsell dept like NCL? If so, what is the number. That was one nice thing about NCL. You could call up to the day before departure and get a great deal on unsold cabins.

That's because they have LOTS of unsold cabins....:p

That's funny....but also true. I've been watching Escape and Getaway the last couple weeks and there have been a lot of open rooms in all categories. I almost booked on what looked like a great deal until I saw how much they charge for their so-called "free at sea" promotion. My all-time worst cruises have been on NC Smell, so I'm at a loss why I'm even considering it again. :rolleyes:

I just got off of the NCL Escape and I think I'm heading back to Royal Caribbean. NCL was ok, but it really can't compare to the Oasis Class. Can any one tell me if RCI has an upsell dept like NCL? If so, what is the number. That was one nice thing about NCL. You could call up to the day before departure and get a great deal on unsold cabins.

Royal's upsells are usually initiated by them. However, you can try calling the Crown & Anchor department: 800-526-9723. It's worth a shot.

Royal's upsells are usually initiated by them. However, you can try calling the Crown & Anchor department: 800-526-9723. It's worth a shot.

Does that really ever work ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Someone correct me if I am incorrect, but they stopped upselling at reduced prices, close to sail dates..

Someone correct me if I am incorrect, but they stopped upselling at reduced prices, close to sail dates..

Not sure if that applies to all cruises. There were exceptions as I recall.

Would never sail NCL. Oasis class is the best.

We used to sail RCL all the time but we've been priced out of their suite market. Our favorite ship is the NCL Breakaway. We always sail in a Haven Aft Penthouse suite to Bermuda from NYC in the spring. We are sailing on her again next month. I'm going to cancel a RCL cruise for JAN because I can't justify paying $1000 more pp for a junior suite on RCL than in an aft penthouse suite on NCL. There is nothing like the Haven on any other line. Our last cruise on RCL was on the Oasis....it was OK for one time. Our favorite class of RCL Ship is the Explorer Class. We always enjoy sailing RCL but the suite price increases have sent us to other cruise lines. Hoping some new 2018 itineraries come out tomorrow.

BTW the Haven aft suites on the Breakaway for our cruise next month have been sold out for months.

Epic was my least favorite ship that I've been on. Terrible, I repeat, terrible public space and cabin designs.

Agree 100%. Still had a great cruise though. And would sail her again at those prices.

Interesting. I had a great time on our Norwegian Escape cruise and would love to go back one day. It was a nice change of pace from always sailing on Royal ships.

I still plan on sailing RCI a couple of times a year but I think maybe every 2 or 3 years or so I would like to try another line (most likely Celebrity, NCL, MSC).

I cruised NCL in 2012 and no one in our group was impressed. We're trying RC later this month.

I see you're going on the Allure. Went on the Oasis and LOVED it! Will be on the Allure as well end of summer. Can't wait! Hope you love it as much as we did!

We used to sail RCL all the time but we've been priced out of their suite market. Our favorite ship is the NCL Breakaway. We always sail in a Haven Aft Penthouse suite to Bermuda from NYC in the spring. We are sailing on her again next month. I'm going to cancel a RCL cruise for JAN because I can't justify paying $1000 more pp for a junior suite on RCL than in an aft penthouse suite on NCL. There is nothing like the Haven on any other line. Our last cruise on RCL was on the Oasis....it was OK for one time. Our favorite class of RCL Ship is the Explorer Class. We always enjoy sailing RCL but the suite price increases have sent us to other cruise lines. Hoping some new 2018 itineraries come out tomorrow.

BTW the Haven aft suites on the Breakaway for our cruise next month have been sold out for months.

We looked at a Haven Aft and it looks like it is a lot more pricy than the Crown Loft Suite we have booked on the Oasis in September. You were able to find a Haven Aft for a 1k less than a junior suite?

I book our cabin 12 to 14 months in advance. I always select the cheapest week in May. It varies from year to year. This year's fare includes drink package, specialty restaurants, 300 OBC and 250 minutes of Internet. The goodies change from month to month. Suites get all goodies offered on a particular sailing.

I did cancel my JAN cruise on RCL today. Loved the itinerary but felt the value wasn't there.

Does that really ever work ?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Almost never. RCL first contacts D+ and Pinnacles. And RCL ships as opposed to NCL usually sail FULL....:) Edited by Thetrail

Every time we've tried NCL, we've been disappointed. The food on the Epic was terrible. The main dining room food was inedible. We bought the upsell dining package and were consistently disappointed. We keep trying because we like their itineraries and price, but we find that we're angry much of the time.

We have enjoyed many Carnival and Celebrity cruises and usually find something good to eat.

Our first RCI is in October, chosen for the itinerary. We"re hopefull.

The problem of choosing by itinerary rather then loyalty, is that we never make it to upper loyalty levels. Would love to get those free drinks before dinner in the lounge.

Our cabin of choice is usually aft. But those Haven's to Bermuda sound good. Maybe next year.

Would never sail NCL. Oasis class is the best.

And I would disagree with you. Oasis had lots of "stuff" but what I missed most on the Oasis was the connection to the ocean. I could be on the promenade or in Central Park and not even know I was on a ship, I could have been in a mall or the courtyard of a land-based hotel.

DH and I enjoy NCL. We also enjoy RCI. IMHO there are just as many similarities between lines as there are differences.