Dinner and show seating

The rest of the people in your group will get the normal menu. You will be the only one with the special menu.

You might be doing the sous chef a favor because he/she will get to go off the generic recipe and might get to create something different.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

+1

Except there is no special menu, but you are asked to chose a meal the night before so it can be made for your dining time.

ex techie

Seriously, they will show you the menu the day before and allow you to choose something that can then be modified to suit your requirements. They can do a lot, but obviously not everything. For instance, if you are allergic to duck, they can't make you duck a l'orange. But they can do a lot of modifications and substitutions to make something that you will enjoy and that will be safe for you. And honestly, if that offends your travel mates.....you need friends instead of travel mates. This isn't middle school. Adults should be able to make allowances for someone with dietary allergies. And DCL will be as discreet as possible.

My daughter was having some medical issues involving a lot of jaw and facial pain on one of our cruises. She sat down at dinner and was just not thrilled with the menu...she asked me if she could just get some pasta (which was not on the menu.) I talked briefly to the head server who immediately came over to see what her preferences would be...and she was served what she described as the best pasta dish she's ever had. And this was with us saying things like "don't fuss or go to a lot of trouble."

Another option aside from the food issue is to eat earlier, either your own food or some selected food you can find and then just go to dinner with the group to enjoy their company with maybe just a small salad and a drink so you don't feel out of place. The dining rooms are such a nice experience it would too bad to miss them altogether. My family is one of the lucky ones with not an allergy to food anywhere so I'm sure it must be very difficult.

Seriously' date=' they will show you the menu the day before and allow you to choose something that can then be modified to suit your requirements. They can do a lot, but obviously not everything. For instance, if you are allergic to duck, they can't make you duck a l'orang[/quote']

This actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you so much for this comment. It made my week!!!

Sorry, there is a story behind it.

We have a cruise buddy who is allergic to duck. Since she is an adult and has just this allergy (no others), she normally just tells the server on the first night...along with a few comments about how she can't eat Donald's relatives, etc. On the first night of one of our cruises, the server brought out the entrees and made a funny comment as he put each one in front of us. Then he served her and said "Quack!" I guess you had to be there, but our memory of that cruise is that we laughed the entire week.

Sorry' date=' there is a story behind it.

We have a cruise buddy who is allergic to duck. Since she is an adult and has just this allergy (no others), she normally just tells the server on the first night...along with a few comments about how she can't eat Donald's relatives, etc. On the first night of one of our cruises, the server brought out the entrees and made a funny comment as he put each one in front of us. Then he served her and said "Quack!" I guess you had to be there, but our memory of that cruise is that we laughed the entire week.[/quote']

I hear stories like these and even I am like- who can really be allergic to duck? Then I think about it and think- well, heck, people are wondering if I will really die if I eat apples, peaches, cherries, celery, etc.