Fear of gangway

sugarking

Hi,

I have used mine many times without any problem, just take it slow and steady.

If you can walk up or down the gangway you could ask if one of the staff could ride it on or off the ship, they can only say no if they won't do it.

Pete

Sometimes when the gangway is not so steep as to be dangerous, but still scares me a little, one steward will get in front of me to prevent the scooter from getting away from me, while another steward walks behind holding on to the back of the seat.

Ask for that kind of help, if you think you will be less afraid.

Getting back up when the gangway is steep, I have a couple of stewards behind me, pushing a little.

Going up is always less scary than going down.

Are you traveling with family/friends? Can they take the scooter down for you and have you talk down the gangway or have someone push you in a manual wheelchair? Just make sure that if someone pushes your scooter, make sure it's in freewheel.

My sister has never had any problems with gangways - even the steep ones. Just slow and steady.

I a terrified of using my scooter on the gangway. Is there anything I can do to get off board at the ports?

Hopefully it's not NE/Canada ports. They have tide problems and can be scary.

Also had a problem once on Carnival in Nassau and Freeport and I am never scared. It was definitely the ship's position as never had a problem on other lines in that port.

If in doubt ask for help. One in back, one in front and remember to put it at low speed. Vicki