question about interior staterooms with a walkway view picture window

If you are referring to the ones at the bow of the ship - the rooms tend to be larger. They also have a window that overlooks the front of the ship. It's nice to be able to see outside. The walkway is only accessible by a door at the very front of the ship (end of the hall) and unless you've ventured up there, or read this page, most cruisers don't realize it is there. The walkway is not used a lot and can often feel like your own private balcony.

On the flip side - the room location is not good for some. Not only are the rooms at the front of the ship, but typically on a higher deck where someone more sensitive to the motion of the ship may feel it a little more. It's also a long way from any activities on the other end of the ship. Also, many of those rooms are handicap accessible and there is a chance you could be moved to another room if needed for a handicap passenger. (How they regulate this, I have no idea).

IMO - the pros outweight the cons by far! We stayed in one of the corner walkway views on the Breeze and the cabin is larger than most suites. We fit 30+ people in our room at the end of our group cabin crawl. We are booked in another for our Magic cruise in a few weeks (not a corner, but still a larger than regular interior cabin). Looking forward to it!

I love them! I always try to book either a "walkway" or "porthole" interior. Best value on the ship IMO. Yes, they are all the way forward! Lots of walking... can be a good thing. If you are prone to sea-sickness from motion... probably not your best choice.

Have had these cabins for last 4 cruises and for our next 2.

We love them because my DH has mobility issues and the ones that are handicap are all on one floor. Even the bathroom which is a tremendous help for DH.

Yes these are much larger. The one thing some people might have issues with is the curtains must be closed from sunset to sunrise. That is because the lights from the cabin interfere with the bridge.

We love these because no one bothers you up there. It is so quiet. The cabin curtains might want to be closed during the day because people do look in the windows. Especially if you are showering or changing clothes or having afternoon whoopie.

Enjoy

We had one of these on the Glory in March, cabin 1004 which was a corner room. We loved this room and on this floor you do not have to keep your curtains closed at night because it is above the bridge not below. This cabin was huge, about the size of 2 normal size cabins. I did not notice any more motion that on deck 2 in a cove balcony which we had on the Dream last year. They are very private and the deck out front is the very best vantage point for views when pulling into ports. We liked it so much I snagged another one on the Dream for March 2017. These are my new favorite rooms and cheaper to boot.

We were in 10205 on the Lido...

Loved the size of the cabin, the window, the large front deck.

HATED...the walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go. (We sailed two months before I had back surgery and walking was (and still is) an issue, so I won't be booking one of these again.) I prefer mid-ship personally.