Entertainment On The Anthem

For all who have been on the Anthem, are the shows comparable to Oasis and Allure?

Currently have a Celebrity cruise booked on the Silhouette and entertainment reviews are not good.

We are rethinking our choice to a 12 day on the Anthem.

I think we were spoiled by the Allure and Oasis.

Thanks ahead..:)

Edited by janetz

For all who have been on the Anthem, are the shows comparable to Oasis and Allure?

Currently have a Celebrity cruise booked on the Silhouette and entertainment reviews are not good.

We are rethinking our choice to a 12 day on the Anthem.

I think we were spoiled by the Allure and Oasis.

Thanks ahead..:)

Anthem's entertainment is outstanding.

You have We Will Rock You in the main theater.

Spectra's Cabaret in the amazing Two70.

The Gift in the main theater in the second half of your cruise.

Daily "guest" entertainers of various sorts in the main theater.

Tribute and house bands in The Music Hall and Boleros.

Special audio/video/high tech concerts and displays on the RoboScreens in Two70.

And that's just the highlights.

:)

I have posted 22 days of Cruise Compasses here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2324095

We Will Rock You is the musical. The songs are good, and the singers/dancers are very talented, but the plot is weak and hard to follow. Many don't like it. There are two other main shows that are unusual, but not up to Oasis/Allure level.

Honestly, we sail Anthem because NJ is our homeport, but I wouldn't chose this ship otherwise.

Edited to add: I guess MM liked Anthem a lot better than we did

Edited by DonnaK

Much thanks to both of you. DH likes the shows but the Anthem reviews are just so so.

Nice not to have to fly though.

Donna, I know you have been on some of the same ships as I have. What is it that you did not care for on the Anthem? We would be doing the winter 12 night. That's is alot of tip money..

Thanks ahead!

Edited by janetz

I was on the 3 day sampler on both Quantum and Anthem, approx 15 months apart. The ship is beautiful - like a chic boutique hotel. Many of the things we disliked on Quantum (mostly related to food, menus, dining service and DD) was much improved on Anthem. There were also more activities scheduled on Anthem than on our Quantum cruise. We loved the high speed internet, too. The solarium is wonderful = all enclosed and tropical feeling, which is important for a NJ based ship. So, no real complaints in those areas.

We loved Mamma Mia and most of the entertainment on Quantum, but didn't care for WWRY or any of the entertainment on Anthem (In all fairness, The Gift was not scheduled on our sailing and Spectra's Cabaret was canceled due to technical difficulties), but the headliners were terrible. We didn't care for the Tribute Bands (not our taste in music), and we thought the show in 270 on Quantum was stupid. Northstar was gimmicky. The Sportsplex doesn't interest us. Entertainment and activities are very important to us, as is service, so that drives our impression of the ship.

I do think that you should try the ship at least once to make your own experience. And, a 12 day cruise is going to be totally different than a 3 day cruise, so it wouldn't be fair to base your choice on my experience.

For us, we like Voyager/Freedom class ships the best. Allure was great too. We also loved Celebrity Summit and Caribbean Princess. Anthem was just too different for us, and seemed to lack what we enjoyed about the other ships. Having said that, we will be sailing on her again in a few weeks, because we prefer not to fly, so she couldn't have been all that bad.

Edited by DonnaK

Thanks so much. Great information. :) Always looking NOT to have to fly.

Princess offers a 10 night repo cruise from NY to FLL at the end of October. Three ports, if I recall and 6-7 sea days. We did it on the Royal and this year it is the Regal. Beautiful ships.

That may be of interest to you.

Edited by janetz

My wife & I were on the Anthem for a 12 night western carrib.cruise 3-7-16. The shows were great; but the music was way too LOUD. like the Oasis we had a balcony at the back of the ship & had a long walk to the elevator.The food was better on the Anthem than the Oasis or the Liberty which was really bad.

My wife & I were on the Anthem for a 12 night western carrib.cruise 3-7-16. The shows were great; but the music was way too LOUD. like the Oasis we had a balcony at the back of the ship & had a long walk to the elevator.The food was better on the Anthem than the Oasis or the Liberty which was really bad.

We loved the shows on the Oasis and Allure. Funny how some love the shows

on the Anthem and some not so much.

Like food, shows are subjective as well and we all like different things.:)

Its is all about not having to fly to port that has us looking at this ship.

Edited by janetz