Belize-Starfish Island

Mywilliedog

We are on the Splendor that sails April 17th and signed up for Starfish Island Excursion in Belize.

I have read on another board that the water is very cold here and its very deserted. Has anyone done this excursion? We wanted a beach excursion on Belize but there didn't seem to be a lot to offer. Can anyone recommend another beach excursion?

:)

Thanks!!

If your idea of a great excursion is not having to encounter an "iffy" port and you want relaxation in a gorgeous place....keep your Starfish Island reservation.

The tender takes you directly from the ship to Starfish Island (and returns directly to the Carnival ship).

The island is absolutely gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing time there...although the time seemed a bit too short.

If your idea of a great excursion is not having to encounter an "iffy" port and you want relaxation in a gorgeous place....keep your Starfish Island reservation.

The tender takes you directly from the ship to Starfish Island (and returns directly to the Carnival ship).

The island is absolutely gorgeous and I thoroughly enjoyed my relaxing time there...although the time seemed a bit too short.

Absolutely agree! Even lunch was delicious. Was there on Splendor end of January.

Sue

You can also find lots of reviews for Bannister Island, which is what Starfish used to be called.

I don't have any idea who would have said that the water is cold, but it is anything but cold, and I tend to freeze in the water. The island is a private island, but is well equipped for cruisers.

I was there when it was Bannister Island! One of my best days ever! The night before Belize, there was what we later found out was a tropical storm. We could see it from the ship, rolled both of us out of the bed about 3am - we love to see storms at sea, the light show is like nature's TV!

We had booked outside of Carnival (I think we used Coral Bay). Get up and Carnival has canceled ALL of their water excursions. Every last one of them. We are still smiling when we grab the tender and head out for a snorkeling time and then several hours on Bannister Island.

Snorkeling was terrible. No visibility and the main reason Belize is back on my bucket list again. I could see that there was a living reef, but I couldn't see anything else.

Then, we arrive at heaven. Total on this island for the WHOLE day were about 35 people. And 20 of them were employees! It was our excursion and no one else. We had the whole island to ourselves, bartenders and all. Imagine a bartender with nothing else to do, no one else to wait on! It was a wonderful day! Overcast and windy, but who cares when your almost alone on a beautiful little island, with an attentive bartender!

P1000572-M.jpg

P1000666-M.jpg

P1000671-M.jpg

P1000672-M.jpg

This was the busiest the bar was all day!

P1000667-M.jpg