!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

We kept on walking, I knew mom wanted to see the cathedral. The ironic part is that I ended up getting lost, and I completely ignored the fact that I had a navigation on my phone… We did enjoy the walk.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-260_zps7jre8mqs.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-262_zpssom1hf6p.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-263_zpsanrr2ivz.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-267_zpsm6aquldd.jpg

My aunt loves butterflies. But butterfly art is usually so expensive!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-268_zpsxhbtuant.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%204-269_zpseoogwrjp.jpg

Hey Gambee, loving your review. FYI, the other RCI ship in San Juan is at the PanAm pier. It's the Jewel. It's homeported down there; departs and arrives from that pier. The ships only port where you did when it's day port visit.

Please be patient. I will answer all the comments tomorrow. I have been incredibly busy with work and some worrisome unforseen circumstances that came up.

Nonetheless, the review will continue as planned, I just need sometime to catch up.

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy it.

Thank you for following everyone :)

Please be patient. I will answer all the comments tomorrow. I have been incredibly busy with work and some worrisome unforseen circumstances that came up.

Nonetheless, the review will continue as planned, I just need sometime to catch up.

I hope everything is okay Gambee! Take care and don't worry about the review! We will be here whenever you can post the next update :)

Edited by rodenboy

Gambee, Hope everything is OK. And don't worry Dido on what Rodenboy wrote. I love cruising into San Juan. We take the free bus to the fort. and when were done we walk back. There is a lot of shops and great little places to eat on the way back. Gary;)

Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy it.

Thank you for following everyone :)

No worries my friend! Hope everything is okay

Sent from my LG G5 using Tapatalk

And who remembers my infatuation over these jumping horses on the Allure cruise? Well, it happened all over again. I cannot explain what is it about these horses that bring out the child in me. I am obsessed with them, and for no specific reason. It is not like I adore horses or anything, I simply can’t explain it. And this time the were JOUSTING!!!!!! Are you kidding me?!?!?! I was in heaven!!!!

And yes, a tear or two came out, I have no clue why...

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%202-137_zpsmqfrtgfh.jpg

Awwww.... Horsey suspended from the ceiling in storage backstage on Freedom OTS

DSC03382_zpsmuiluext.jpg

Thank you so much for such an awesome review! Every time I have a cruise booked, and I read a review of the Oasis sisters, I always think " I wish I would've booked a cruise on one of them" lol:D. I've decided that next time, I won't allow myself anything but one of the Oasis ships lol! We are embarking on the NCL Gem out of San Juan for our first B2B in November, so I'm especially excited for this portion of the review (we are staying at the hotel in your pics before our cruise). It will be my second time cruising out of PR, my Mom and Sis and I cruised out of there on RCI's Adventure of the Seas, and it's such a special feeling sailing out of there. I love all of your reviews, and am looking forward to more!

P.S. I also think it's great how you spend time making memories with your Mom. My Mom has cancer, and I wish I would've have done like you're doing a long time ago. :)

Edited by New2cruise1483

Hello Gambee. AWESOME pictures of Labadee. We have bee there 4 times, and go to Columbus Cove. You can get a boat right at the pier that takes you over. The problem is trying to get back, The time between trams are long and the crowds trying to get on push and shove, so you have to be able to give it back or you will never get on one. Gary:cool:

I was not aware about the boat ride there, I will keep that in mind for our next time there.

Gambee, it brought tears to my eyes when I read your quote above regarding your Mom. You are the sweetest young man I have ever seen when it comes to your Mom. Also you are very handsome. Loved the selfie picture. Thanks for your amazing review. Shirley

Thank you for your kind words :o

Glad you're enjoying the review, much more to come :)

Agreed, what a beautiful comment. I always get a little emotional when a cruise ends that my mother and I are on together since we live so far apart.

Hopefully one day I'll be on a cruise with Gambee, Gambee's mom and my mom.

That would be a fun cruise, and even better there would be two reviews to tell the story :D

First - thank you for this fabulous review. We are going on Oasis this Fall - can't wait!

Second - is there an age limit to eat in Vintages? I know I would enjoy it but wonder if my 12 you dd would be allowed?

You're very welcome, glad you're enjoying. I cannot confirm the age limit on the Venue, but I will say that I see no reason why she would not be allowed. Also keep in mind that they have a few tables outside as well.

Gambee,

Congratulations on getting into a DPT program. It's so competitive, as you know. It is a wonderful, rewarding career and I really do love it.

I enjoy reading your reviews.

It is very competitive! I spent a ridiculous amount of money applying to around 17 schools, just to make sure I got into one of them. Thankfully, I got into a few of them :). For the past two years I have been working on getting my science GPA to a perfect 4.0, and I guess it paid off. I had to do that mainly because my overall GPA was low at 3.4. I guess I never thought that I would go past my bachelors and thus never worried about the grades too much.

Thank you for following along :)

Gambee can I ask where did you find the umbrella that you used in Labadee?

I bought it on Amazon, it is a Tommy Bahama. Excellent umbrella!!! It has the screw on the pole and nothing will move it out of place. Living in south florida, we have used our number of umbrellas. I highly recommend this one :)

Here is the link: http://amzn.to/1Nmsj2a

Gambee - Excellent, Excellent review and great photos. Your photos are amazing. I purchased a Sony NEX 3N after reading one of your reviews a while back. Still can't take good photos like you do (LoL. After being on Oasis a couple of times, it's nice to see her again through your review. Also, thanks for sharing the details about some of those paths in Labadee. Next time I go there, I will have to check out those locations. I had to laugh when I read your story about room service as that has happened to us a few time as well.

Congrats on your success and recent Citizenship.

Looking forward to the rest of your great review as always.

Room service was definitely questionable, but most everything else was very tasty. Thank you for your support and post. The NEX line offered some of the best cameras out there, I am glad it worked for you.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the review :)

Added to my Oasis "to do" list today . Go way down past the sun beds on Adrenaline Beach. Walk the path at the base of the zipline on Labadee. :D

Would you please stop telling everyone about deck 5 aft? Can't we just keep that little secret between us? I am looking forward to some quality wake viewing and sailaway time there, but now I'm afraid it will be packed! :eek:

I don't know yet if we will be eating in Chops on Oasis, but we will on our upcoming Freedom cruise. Between you and A&L ONT, I think we are going to have to try the thick bacon. My waistline thanks you both. NOT! ;)

I'm making a note of your May 7 cruise on NC L, but I may not get to that review until after we get back from our Freedom OTS cruise on May 29. By the time you get back and get your review under way, I will be totally caught up in my own pre cruise preparation so I probably will not have as much time to spend reading as I do right now. I do promise to hunt you down and read the whole review when we get back, though. It willl help me get through the cruise withdrawal I'm sure I will have at that point.

The funny thing is that we go Deck 5 a few more times, oppps. Then again, I mentioned this area on the allure review, and it is still not congested.

The review for the Escape will start promptly on March 14, manly due to Grad school starting the week after that. I was to get it finished before orientation week finishes. So you will be able to read maybe one week before you start packing. Then again this comes from a person who never ever packs... Mom does :D