!! Oasis !! 9 Days Medley Cruise ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

Phil,

Being that I am going on Oasis in 2 weeks, I am loving this like most of your reviews. I hope you will forgive the occasional poking of fun, or silly criticism, but as an IT professional I hate seeing expensive LCD screens lying flat on furniture. That Apple laptop is begging to be sat on!

LoL, if you only knew... That computer must the luckiest computer in the world. At home the computer sleeps on the bed with me, about a foot or two away from me. I have spilled stuff in the bed before, and missed the computer. Not to mention leaned on it more than a few times while sleeping, I guess you're right I should be way more careful.

What is even worse is that when I moved the mattress to the floor on Oasis, the computer spent the nights on the floor near the mattress. Remember, I go often to the bathroom at night, and mom used to come in later some nights.

That computer has more lives than a cat! :D

Hi Gambee, the Oasis is actually longer than Allure after it's drydock, but won't be longest once Harmony arrives. I give you a lot of credit for how you dealt with your smoking neighbors, I think I would have lost it. Keep the great review coming!

Touche, I stand corrected. I wonder how that happened?

Loving your reviews as always. Gambee, that shirt is meant for you. I bet your Aunts and Uncle would have loved these ports as well. Enjoy your new room ans will be waiting for the rest of the review Gary:D

Thank you Gary, the new room so much fun. We truly loved that location!

Good evening All!! Gambee I am a first time cruising sailing on Lady O on May21st with my husband, just turning 21 yr old daughter, 13 yr old son and my Mom. We are all new at this cruising thing so it should be very interesting. Just want to tell you how helpful this review has been and how much I have enjoyed traveling with you and your Mom. I have laughed so much just reading your adventure. I look forward to reading more every day. I literally plan out my evening so I can cuddle under the covers with a coffee, warm blanket and reading glasses to get more of the trip. You are a riot!! I can't wait to be there mused and make my own adventures with my crew!!Thank you for taking your time out to do this. God bless you and your Family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You're very welcome, glad the review is coming in handy for your upcoming cruise. Thank you for the kind words, and I hope you have a blast with your family on your upcoming cruise. Lady O is one amazing ship! You will be spoiled :D

which stateroom were you moved to? We are in 10178 on Oasis next cruise and it looks pretty close to location you were in just 2 decks down.

We were moved to 12174, right next to a handicap room.

I am so glad to hear you were able to move to a different cabin and get away from your inconsiderate neighbors! Sounds like you liked the new cabin even better than the old one, too.

If you and I ever happen to be on the same cruise, we have to get together and go geek out looking at yachts, especially sailing yachts! DH just doesn't get my obsession. :confused: We did a snorkel tour last time we were in St Maarten that took us past a number of the big marinas and I was in heaven! We were also in Ft Lauderdale this past fall right before the International Boat Show, so a lot of the big yachts were in town for the show. Amazing!

I did the America's Cup Yachts excursion in St Maarten and I agree with you, it was one of my favorite excursions ever! :D

I love living in Ft Lauderdale, mainly because it is on the water and there is so much to do. Including yacht watching :).

I think I have to America's cup again, it was truly an amazing experience. Although I am not sure if want to be the grinder again :D

Are you planning to do these again? If so, how do I sign up? [emoji23]

The problem with them is that you need a fairly good internet connection. The fast Oasis connection is perfect for doing them, but I had the slow one. I did the live from the hotel internet connection.

We will be on Escape next month. I will be forced to buy their internet package due to some family issues that came up, and we have to maintain connection at all times.

That said, the internet on Escape is not as fast to do live feeds. I could be wrong here, but I think it was Yorkvillain the one who tried to do periscope but failed several times. I think he managed to do just a few of them.

Last time I did it through my facebook account with their new live feature, the link is in my signature. I will try to make one or two, but I am not sure if it will work.

I actually thought of doing a periscope account, but decided otherwise.

Hi Gambee

Glad all worked out well for you a your mom! Looks like you are having perfect weather the entire cruise️ Enjoy!

Cruise a holic

The weather was fabulous! We could not believe it. Our last spring break cruise was on the Silhouette western caribbean and it rained on us 6 out 7 days!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-286_zps2mufyrlj.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-287_zpssecepkzr.jpg

I have been saving this for now. But since I was in Holland House, I saw another huge sail yacht come in. But this one had two masts. I was hoping she would stay there for me. I was so excited to see her when we were arriving.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-288_zpsthb2u0zk.jpg

And there she is, all mine!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-295_zpsewdjcqkl.jpg

I was running a bit low, it is a dangerous situation to be in :D

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-297_zpssmtzjriv.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-299_zpsjphricuq.jpg

When I got off, I told mom, I wanted a better view of the yacht, so I walked to the end of the pier.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-299_zpsjphricuq.jpg

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-301_zpsfrt4watu.jpg

Are you kidding me, just look how wide she is!!!! I was in Haven once again!

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-303_zps7y6rj5ns.jpg

These are the moments in life that make me happy. I just want to enjoy the view and make the most of these short vacations that I am blessed with. What else can you ask out of life? Beats me.

Oasis%20of%20the%20seas%20day%206-305_zpswahxeucn.jpg