Progresso???any ships go to

carol459

were on elation in sept. canceled. NOW we can not find a ship that does progresso. Iwanted to go to Merida and my husband wanted to go to Ruins.

does anyone know any ships that do the port. OR a port close that will get us to Merida and Ruins?

thanks

Of course Carnival Elation used to go there, but is now out of service. Conquest just did a shortened 5 day iten to Cozumel and Progreso. I think HAL has done a couple of trips there and maybe Costa too. Call your travel agent and inquire. Me? I leave in four days for a two week land visit to Merida, little Santa Elana, Campeche and a couple of days at the Reef Yucatan all-inclusive. Love the area and have looked forward to this return.

hdawson228@aol.com

Just wanted to add that on my previous land trip to Merida I found tourists from Europe, Australia and a few other places, but in eight days only one American couple. I think other than Cancun and Cozumel, the Yucatan is largely undiscovered by people of the US. If you need further info, don't hesitate to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the Carnival web site for weather updates (I will be on the Inspiration on Saturday).

They have just announced that the 5 day Inspiration cruise that was supposed to leave yesterday but will leave today as a 4 day will nowt stop at Progresso instead of Cozumel.

The normal 4 day Inspiration sailing has only one port which is Cozumel, so you may want to see if Progresso becomes a regular substitute.

I hope this works out for you.

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived