Cabs at Port Everglades...how late?

jayscore

They will want you off the ship by 9:30-10:00 am. By that time, cabs will be bringing guests for the next cruise...So there will be cabs available. EM

They may want you off at 9:30 but that does not mean they will be able to get you off that early. We were on the Conquest last week and they did not let us off the ship until 11:30 and we were not in car heading out until about 12:15. We would have loved to have been on the road by 9:30

We have a late flight, and want to take our time getting off.

How long do the cabs hang around after debarkation?

Thanks in advance!

How late is your flight?

Lots of posts here about using luggage valet or similar services to transport your bags to FLL and check them in; or you can cab to FLL, store/check bags and then head out someplace fun for lunch or a couple of hours on the beach.

Another option is to rent a car, put the bags in the trunk, and then go where you want and do what you want until it is time to check in for your flight.

Thanks for the replies!

Our flight isn't 'till 4:00 PM. We plan on using Luggage Express, then "roughing it out" at the airport.:rolleyes:

Noooooooo! :( The FLL airport is horrible -- go someplace fun for lunch, drinks & shopping and then head to the airport about 2:00 or so.

Noooooooo! :( The FLL airport is horrible -- go someplace fun for lunch, drinks & shopping and then head to the airport about 2:00 or so.

I absolutely agree with John. The Fort Lauderdale airport doesn't really have hanging around areas and the selection of shops and restaurants in each terminal is minimal (see http://www.broward.org/airport/Pages/Default.aspx).

Since you will be unencumbered by luggage, I suggest taking a cab to the Hilton Marina, getting on the water taxi (http://www.watertaxi.com) to the Las Olas Blvd. stop (and enjoying the scenery and the narrative provided by the captain), having brunch/lunch at one of the many restaurants on Las Olas (http://www.lasolasboulevard.com) and then taking the water taxi back to the Hilton and a cab/uber to the airport or, if time is getting short, just taking a cab/uber directly to the airport.

Alternatively, if you have eaten your fill on the cruise :D, you don't need to get off at Las Olas; you can just ride the entire loop of the water taxi.

Actually, I personally would combine my 2 recommendations. Get off the ship early (don't wait to be last), take the water taxi (I think the entire loop is about 2 1/2 hours) and disembark at Las Olas, have lunch and then take a cab to the airport by 2 pm.

Edited by capriccio

I agree with JohninDC. I have been in most airprts of any size in the U.S. and would rank FLL among the worst. Terrible passenger amenities. I would spend as little time there as possible.