cheapest/easiest post-cruise (NCL Escape May 14) options with 3 & 5 year old?

pickeralk

Hi all - I am trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest/least stressful way to kill some time and get from POM to FLL post-cruise (NCL Escape 5/14). Flight is 3:30p out of FLL. We will have lots of luggage and a 3 and 5 year old who, after a week-long fun-filled cruise, will probably not be in the most agreeable moods. My main goal is to spend the least amount of $$ on transportation from POM to FLL and still do something to entertain children and keep whining at a minimum ;-) Thanks in advance for your response!

Hi all - I am trying to figure out the cheapest/easiest/least stressful way to kill some time and get from POM to FLL post-cruise (NCL Escape 5/14). Flight is 3:30p out of FLL. We will have lots of luggage and a 3 and 5 year old who, after a week-long fun-filled cruise, will probably not be in the most agreeable moods. My main goal is to spend the least amount of $$ on transportation from POM to FLL and still do something to entertain children and keep whining at a minimum ;-) Thanks in advance for your response!

Can one of you get off early, go to MIA and pick up a rental car? You could come back, pick everyone up, go to the beach for the day and drop the,car off at FLL. All the other options I can think of are either easy OR cheap but not both.

We considered doing the HOHO bus that would end up at FLL, but from what I've read on other posts, it can get crowded, hot and you really only have enough time to HOHO once before it departs for the airport(s).