Seattle hotel question

ktravis

We are flying into Seattle 9-10. We are staying overnight and cruising the next day. Will return on 9-18 and leaving 9-19.

We are looking for a decent hotel for those nights close to the Space needle. I would like something that will transport us to and from the cruise ship.

Thank you.

We are flying into Seattle 9-10. We are staying overnight and cruising the next day. Will return on 9-18 and leaving 9-19.

We are looking for a decent hotel for those nights close to the Space needle. I would like something that will transport us to and from the cruise ship.

Thank you.

Homewood Suites is about 4 blocks from Seattle Center attractions (Space Needle, etc) and is only a $5 cab ride to Pier 66*. We had a good stay there.

(*You can see in my review that some of my family even walked from the hotel to the pier!)

Edited by quercus alba

There are a LOT of threads about hotels in Seattle as well as transport to and from the cruise terminals. There are two, and one (Pier 91, where most of the cruise lines operate) is NOT walkable from any downtown- or Seattle Center-area hotels. And the Space Needle isn't really "downtown," it's a mile or so north of most of the major tourist sites like the Pike Place market, Pioneer Square, etc.

A short and easy search on this board will reveal much.

I would like something that will transport us to and from the cruise ship.

To reiterate what someone else said, cross this off your requirements list, as you won't find any (as far as I know). Cruising is but a drop in the bucket compared to all of the tourist opportunities in Seattle, and with 2 of the 3 cruise ship berths at Pier 91 (aka Smith Cove Cruise Terminal) a few miles north of any of the hotels, it's just not something they care to service. There are lots of transportation options, from shuttles to Uber and taxis galore.

My family lives in the Greater Seattle Metro and we've stayed many places in the area. My favorite, by far, was The Maxwell. It's just north of Seattle Center in Queen Anne and a short walk to the Monorail to get downtown. It is a short Uber ride to the port on departure day.