Formal night on the miracle

sherease23

From Carnival's Website: Hope this helps.. :)

Main Dining Room(s)

Following is the dress code in the Main Dining Room(s) for both men and women and pertains to children as well:

Cruise Elegant Dress Code

Men: dress slacks, dress shirts, and we also suggest a sport coat; men may also wish to wear a suit and tie or tuxedo

Women: Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; ladies may also wish to wear an evening gown

Not permitted: Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, shorts, tee-shirts, sportswear, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Cruise Elegant Evenings

The length of the cruise determines the number of 'Cruise Elegant' evenings in the Dining Room. The first 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening of the cruise and the second 'Cruise Elegant' evening is scheduled for the 2nd or 3rd evening prior to the end of the cruise, schedules permitting.

2-day to 5-day cruise: one Cruise Elegant evening

6-day or longer cruise: two Cruise Elegant evenings

Cruise Casual Dress Code (Non-elegant nights)

Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts

Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops

Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

Edited by linga

Carnival Dress Code says no jeans on elegant night (though many people still do). My husband wears a suit, but most don't. Slacks and a shirt with a collar should do. For your daughter, no jeans. As long as she is dressed nice it should be fine.

"Formal " night on Carnival ships hasn't been really formal for a looong time.

My husband used to wear black jeans(not blue jeans) but I suppose no one would say anything.

Now he wears slacks and a button down shirt.

Women can wear a nice dress or slacks and a nice top.

Children are the same. Clean and neat is more important than dressy dressy.

Edited by riffatsea

I got a great deal on a tux at jcpenny a few years back. As needed I add an item over the years but cheaper than a boat rental. I have also purchased coats at savers to carrry around as needed. I broke a little toe on a cruise and had to wear flip flops. People made rude remarks. It was the classic making false assumptions. What others wear is not my concern. We are all there to have a great time and make more memories.