Rollaway AND crib in stateroom for 5?

jallison8378

My family of 5 is booked in a category 4B interior stateroom on Inspiration. Our room has 2 upper Pullmans and we will be supplied with a rollaway or trundle bed.

My dilemma is only one of my children is old/big enough to sleep in the upper bunk (and neither DH nor I have volunteered to take the other one:p). My original plan was to have my tiny 4-year-old sleep in the rollaway/trundle and bring our Pack and Play for my 18 month old (which would obviously be put away when not in use due to space issues).

However, last night my DH mentioned wanting to request a crib so we don't have to lug on the Pack and Play. We have cruised with the baby twice before and always request a crib so we don't have to travel with the P&P, but, we also had two rooms.

Assuming it is even allowed, has anyone ever used a rollaway/trundle AND a crib at the same time in a tiny interior room? How did you make it work? Do you have any pics? :D I know the crib folds but it would still take up a lot more space than the P&P, which I can slide under the bed or put in the closet when not in use.

Yikes is all I have to say. We've done the crib with two lower beds on the Fascination and that in itself was very tight. With two beds along the walls, a crib, and a trundle bed, you will most likely have no floor space left. Your room will most likely look like a hurricane shelter with cots side by side! [emoji85]

Don't know how you feel about it, but you can always have one of the smaller kids share the king size bed with mom and dad (I know that at least in my house, one or both of our kids always make their way to the adult's bed sometime in the middle of the night anyway).

Best of luck!

Yikes is all I have to say. We've done the crib with two lower beds on the Fascination and that in itself was very tight. With two beds along the walls, a crib, and a trundle bed, you will most likely have no floor space left. Your room will most likely look like a hurricane shelter with cots side by side! [emoji85]

Don't know how you feel about it, but you can always have one of the smaller kids share the king size bed with mom and dad (I know that at least in my house, one or both of our kids always make their way to the adult's bed sometime in the middle of the night anyway).

Best of luck!

Haha yes it will be quite the adventure! I did tell DH that we could probably do without the trundle because of exactly what you said. My 4 y/o always makes her way to our bed before morning, anyway. He's not keen to the idea of making our bed her official, only spot, though. :rolleyes:

Very tight but doable.

To make the cabin seem larger have the lowers kept as twins. One under the far wall (under the faux window), one under a bunk. The crib can go under the other bunk (whether it's used or not). The trundle can be placed next to the crib at night, stored under one of the twins during the day.

An alternative could be to place the mattress of the one bunk on the floor. Have the kids sleep at opposite ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SadieN

Our son has slept on the pull down bed as a 3 year old and again when he was 4. I think that your daughter would be okay with the pull-down bed. Then you would only have to get the crib.

DD is just tiny for her age & a restless sleeper at that so my instinct is to keep her close to the ground. I have never actually seen one of the pull down bunks in person though, only photos. It is possible that we would feel comfortable with DD sleeping there but we'll have to wait and see. Thanks for sharing your experience:)

Very tight but doable.

To make the cabin seem larger have the lowers kept as twins. One under the far wall (under the faux window), one under a bunk. The crib can go under the other bunk (whether it's used or not). The trundle can be placed next to the crib at night, stored under one of the twins during the day.

An alternative could be to place the mattress of the one bunk on the floor. Have the kids sleep at opposite ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I appreciate these suggestions--thank you!