Questions about B2B ...

I'm considering a B2B on Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore, each cruise is 7 nights with a different itinerary.

I'm wondering, when the first leg returns to Singapore, do we have to pack, disembark, and then re embark? Go through immigration again?

Secondly, what would be the best way to book a B2B, directly with RCI, on the phone, online, or via a travel agent, or is it really no different to booking a single cruise using either/or?

I'm considering a B2B on Mariner of the Seas out of Singapore, each cruise is 7 nights with a different itinerary.

I'm wondering, when the first leg returns to Singapore, do we have to pack, disembark, and then re embark? Go through immigration again?

Secondly, what would be the best way to book a B2B, directly with RCI, on the phone, online, or via a travel agent, or is it really no different to booking a single cruise using either/or?

When we did the 26 night treasures of Asia cruise with Princess last year this was effectively a B2B. Our passports were taken off us at Fremantle and the night before we arrived in Singapore these were handed back. Because we were staying in the same cabin we didn't have to pack BUT all passengers had to leave the ship and pass through Singaporean immigration and then again when we re embarked.

If you use a TA I would get them to organise the B2B for you otherwise have a chat to RCI and see what can be organised. If you cant get the same cabin for both legs of the trip you might have to pack and move to another cabin.

When we did the 26 night treasures of Asia cruise with Princess last year this was effectively a B2B. Our passports were taken off us at Fremantle and the night before we arrived in Singapore these were handed back. Because we were staying in the same cabin we didn't have to pack BUT all passengers had to leave the ship and pass through Singaporean immigration and then again when we re embarked.

If you use a TA I would get them to organise the B2B for you otherwise have a chat to RCI and see what can be organised. If you cant get the same cabin for both legs of the trip you might have to pack and move to another cabin.

Thank you! I wouldn't mind having to walk off the ship and go through immigration, but I'll be very happy if I can keep the same cabin and not have to pack.

If you have booked same cabin, no need to pack.. If book a different cabin, need to pack and cabin stewards will move your gear to new room when it is ready.

Day before end of cruise no. 1, you will be given instructions, and a new room key. (Sometimes, even a special luncheon invitation, where it will be explained)..

You will need to "clock off the ship" with old card, and clock back on with the new one.

All easy peasy :D

Have a nice trip .

Sue and Phil

P.S. Look at RCI website and dummy book/select your first leg cabin. Then look for same cabin second leg.. You can then put a hold whilst you sort yourself out, and either book and pay deposit on-line, or phone to complete your reservation..

Edited by Big Kev

Ive done 2 B2B on Mariner from Singapore and it's easy. The day before arrival, they have a B2B meeting and hand out your new seapass card for the next cruise. You can leave the ship at anytime but it needs to be during the published disembarktion time,so that you are officially clocked off and the cruise is cleared. You then use your new card when returning.

When you do the online check in, there is a box to tick that indicates you are B2B. Of course, it's best if you can book the same cabin both cruises, but if not, the stewards will help you move your stuff.

It's a great feeling on arrival morning when everyone else is bummed about getting off snd you're there ready for cruise number 2

Princess arranged all visas for passengers on that trip with the fees debited to our shipboard account hence the need for the ship to take our passports off us at embarkation at Fremantle. These were returned to us prior to arriving at a port where it was necessary to take our passports ashore and collected from us when we came back on board.

After our last port of call on that itinerary these were returned to us before we returned to Aus and had to be signed for.

This system worked very well and the fees charged to us were reasonable.

There were 11 ports on that trip with visits to Bali (first and last port) Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. The cruise itself was a 26 night round trip from Fremantle and one of the best we have done a truly memorable cruise.

Thanks for that info good to know, must of taken a fair bit of coordination so no lost PP's.

Its a great system as it does not take up the passengers own time , unlike the hassles of entering the USA on a ship when the officials insist on matching your face , in person with your passport. If they come on board at a previous port and do it all on a sea day ,it works well, but if its done on the morning of arrival it can be a real pain. On one of the World Cruises the first US port was New York. They only had 1 day there and some passengers reported that they did not even get off the ship till after lunch due to the lines at the passport desk.