Goff-Starfish Island or Caye Caulker

ccjjmom

Hi,

I am going on the RCCL with my husband and 2 kids 13 and 16. We want a nice beach(clear water), with a few activities(kayaks or water floaties), cheap beer and good food. If I could do a little snorkeling close by that would be a plus. I can't decide which place would be the best for my family.

Caye Caulker does not really have a beach. It is all sea grass around there but they have an awesome reef right north of CC. CC is a laid back fishing village type of island. We love it there... cool place to visit, good eats, shopping, and we like to hang out at the Split (swimming and bar/restaurant). Coral Breeze and the cruise ships have an excursion that included CC along with snorkeling at Shark Ray Alley. Great way to do it.

Goff's Caye is very small but nice beach. Not much there and can become crowded for such a small caye. I have heard mixed reviews. Some love and others didn't. I don't know a thing about Starfish Island but I have seen good reviews on it as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tyler......Cool Rider here......Chuck and Deb and Bob and I went to Caye Caulker on the cruise where you and Ema were there. Caye Caulker was nice but a long boat ride about 40 minutes to get there. Also did not seem to me to be very safe because it was a not a large motor boat and I did not see a lot of life jackets just incase. They put 9 of us in this boat. At Caye Caulker, they drop you off at a pier and then there is a long bumpy wholley road where they pick you up on a golf cart and take you where you want to go. We went to the very end where they had a couple of bars and also a place to swim and sunbathe. It is a long walk incase you want to walk back. Make sure you watch your clock and tell them to come back and get you at a certain time. This excursion is not a Royal Caribbean excursion. Up and down this long road there are restaurants, bars, and shopping. I was more worried about getting back to ship incase the wind came up and we were not able to leave Caye Caulker

We have been to all 3 of these.

We went to Caye Caulker during our shark ray alley tour and had lunch there and walked around. It's just a laid back little town were people get around on bikes and golf carts. No real beach there.

We just went to Goffs a few months ago and although tiny, it was BEAUTIFUL and we just loved our day there. I don't think I have seen more clear water than I have here. Just gorgeous.

We went to starfish island back when it use to be called Bannister Island. We enjoyed our time there but it's one that either got good reviews or bad. We just happened to be ones that liked it and had a good day there.

I have reviews of all of them in my signature below. Just click on them and wait for it to load and it should take you right to the beginning of that review. There's TONS of pictures. :)