Bubble Wrap Bags That Fit Wine Bottles?

tuggers

Someone mentioned these in a thread not too long ago but I can't find it.(If we only had a search feature!) Does anyone know about these and where I can buy them. I have a good carrier that is made to carry wine bottles to take my wine onboard but the bags would be good to keep the bottles from clacking and not weigh as much as cardboard.

Until the Zenith! Second X Cruise In Two Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Tuggers -

I'm the one that posted about bubble wrap for wine bottles/liquor bottles. I don't know where to buy them, but you might try some place like the UPS Store, Staples, an office supply store, etc.

Depending on when you are traveling, my husband could be able to get you a few if you are willing to pay the shipping for them. I know it sounds weird that I don't know where to buy them but are able to send you some. DH is a pharmacist and gets things shipped to him in these bubble bags, so if you have enough turn around time before your next cruise, we'd be able to save some up for you.

Let me know.

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

If you have a Fed Ex account, they will supply you with a box of them (dozen per box I think, perfect size for a bottle of wine)at no charge. You just need to ask.

I "borrowed" a few for my last cruise. They were still fine for shipping things in after the cruise.

Tammy

Carnival '98

Norway '00

Grand Princess '02

Celebrity Summit '04

Next Cruise

Celebrity Zenith 14 Days out of Jacksonvile 1/2/05

buffett010 I might take you up on that for my next cruise if I can't find any this time. I would be glad to pay shipping. The cruise I'm going on right now is 6/5 so no time, I'm afraid. I will look in the places you suggested.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do about wine this time because I'm flying and will be staying at the Marriott in Ft Lauderdale. They say there is a Publix across the street but I have no idea what the selection is like. I have a wine I like to go with the lobster and I like to take a couple of bottles of Shirah as I don't care for the selections on board. I'm not sure I want to carry the wine on the plane. Decisions, decisions. I guess if this is the biggest thing I have to worry about I am a lucky person!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;11;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Tuggers,

A question for you. I have never taken wine onboard with me, but bringing my own sounds like a great idea for my June sailing. Please explain to me how I go about it; I thought there were restrictions on bringing wine and alcohol on the ship so I've never tried.

[This message was edited by patrioticgirl on 05-30-04 at 01:00 AM.]

They don't really mind about the wine because they figure you are going to bring most of it to the dining room and pay the $12 corkage fee. I took mine in my carry on. No problem. On the first night I take a bottle to the dining room, explain to the wine steward that I have some of my own wine and will be purchasing some and ask if he would like the cabin steward to bring it all at one time. They usually say yes. The next day I give my cabin steward my table number and ask him to take it to the wine steward. Then he just asks which bottle I want like I was ordering off the wine list.

Hi again, Tuggers! Since it's that easy, I guess I will be searching for some bubble wrap, too! icon_smile.gif The April Horizon trip was so nice that another sailing (this time to Bermuda), was a temptation that could not be resisted! This will be my second Celebrity sailing in two months, too! icon_cool.gif

Thanks for the tip about getting them free from FedEx. My dad has a business account with them, so I'll have to hit him up, too!

Happy cruising to everyone!

-----------------

"When you see the Southern Cross for the first time, you'll understand just why you came this way."

patriotgirl,

You go girl! I'm just leaving Saturday on my 3rd cruise in four months! Horizon (still my favorite), Zenith and Century! I just keep getting these great deals!

Tuggers, I am wondering if I am crazy, but I am having thoughts of booking the Thanksgiving 10 day trip, too! icon_eek.gif My sister said last night that maybe I should just sign up to work with the children's program during the summer and that maybe a tour doing that might just take care of my addiction for good! LOL! icon_smile.gif

I'm doing a 14 night Zenith 11/7 with a friend. It is an excellent itenirary (I can never spell that word).

I'm sure 10 days with the childrens program would put me into another type of program, probably a 12 step one! LOL! Are you taking all your trips on Horizon or just on X? I am early retired, what's your story? Just curious. Enjoy while you can!

Going on CENTURY! Third X Cruise In Four Months!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Not much of a story.... a teacher.... so my trips have to be in conjunction with holiday breaks or summer vacations. I've traveled with a co-worker for years but never been able to convince her to take to the seas until recently even though she'd enjoyed the pictures and stories of new places and people. We had a great time on the last trip, so we decided that since two of the gals that usually go with us for a week to Nags Head can't make it this summer, we would just head for the ship again for there is always an adventure to be found there! icon_smile.gif

patriotgirl,

Cool. It makes it so much better if you have someone to travel with. I like going by myself, I just don't like paying double! So I plan a couple of trips a year with nice cabins, verandahs, CC, etc and the rest I try to catch specials where they cut the 200% single supplement.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

So how do you go about finding the specials when the cut the supplement? My teacher friend is on a 12 month contract so she only gets a couple of weeks a year and I have over two months in the summer that I could be traveling. Trouble is summer is the most expensive time to cruise, but I would go more often if I could catch the deals! I've been known to find a weekend flight deal and take off, but I don't know exactly how to go about finding the last minute bargains for sailings. I did manage to find a mistake in travelocity one time and booked a 7 night Carnival balcony guarantee at the single rate. Booked it three weeks before sailing and ended up getting upgraded as well to a awesome cabin... it was a family cruise with 26 of us going and I got the best cabin of all! My cost was even less than the the rest of the group had paid for 1/2 of the double occupancy rate. Little sis was miffed.. she was in a triple! I offered to let her stay with me, but she said that the movement bothered her being up so high on the ship.... I think she was just jealous! icon_wink.gif

patrioticgirl,

One way is to check the X and RCL Happy Hour specials every Tues. Single supplement on those is almost always 150%. If they tell you no make them ask a supervisor because cs is not real knowledgeable about the HH specials. You can go to cruise 411 Monday night and click on last minute specials and they will have them listed. These will be trips usually within 30 days. You can subscribe to yourowncabin.com for 20 something dollars per 6 months and they will send you a newsletter with cruises with negotiated prices for singles. A lot of HAL and Carnival, then high end stuff. I tried to book the Century 6/5 through them but I got attitude from the woman who runs it so I went through X directly. I want my vacations to be peaceful, not a hassle. Others on here said the same thing about her so I'm not sure that's such a good deal.

No I haven' found the bubble wrap bags. I also think I am going to buy my wine in Ft Lauderdale, ask the cabbie to stop at a liquor store on the way to the hotel. I have the phone number and I think I'll call from Tallahassee and have them pull my order and have it waiting (save that running meter!), then put some regular bubble wrap between bottles. Next time I'll have the little bags for sure!

I'm in the 'mental' packing stage. You know, this has to be pressed, this has to be dry cleaned, etc. Having just gotten back a month ago is a help, also, I keep my 'cruise' clothes in a seperate bedroom closet so everything is together. This is just a shorter cruise than I'm used to so I'm trying to do one suitcase and a carryon.

I still have a suitcase packed with shirts,shorts, and casual things from the last cruise, so I am ready to go. I have found that if I pack a big zippered tote bag, I can put the things that need washing or cleaning as I wear them and keep everything that does not get worn clean. Makes it easy when I get home and I am half packed for the next adventure! LOL! I have also dedicated two zippered hanging bags in my closets to cruise clothes..... makes it much easier~! Since its raining here today, I am cleaning out closets and getting rid of the stuff I can't wear anymore. Hope to reach the "down 30 pounds" stage by next sailing so I can wear that short cute little red formal that I thought I'd never wear again! Gotta live a little, though! icon_wink.gif Took three long formals last time and they were heavy! I think I will try to travel light this time and try for one suitcase...so short it will be and the shoes will have stay home! LOL!

Tuggers

If the Marriot is on 17th S.in Lauderdale, there is a liquor store a block west of the Publix. Between the two, you should find a good selection of wines. No need to take a taxi to the liquor store.

Hancock

Hancock, Yes, I know it's not far but I've got a fairly new knee replacement and walk with a cane so I kind of 'pick my battles' with my walking and especially with carrying. This store is on the way from airport so it's not out of the way. I do appreciate your input as others would not know that.

Thanks!

Archived