When do they decorate for Christmas, etc.

IBRelaxin2

We have sailed the same week you are going and also the week of Thanksgiving (US Thanksgiving) and the ship was getting their christmas deco out at the Thanksgiving cruise. It was beautiful on both cruises, we just got to watch them hang the deco on the Thanksgiving cruise. Have a great time:D

So glad to hear that the Christmas Dec will be up when we sail in 06 on the Destiny. We have only sailed on one Carnival ship usually go RCCL but price and ports of call made us pick this cruise. Think that the only thing that we will not like will be all the neon colors and lights but with Chritmas decotations maybe that will help.

Not an answer to your question but my husband and I were in Mexico for the holidays and it was so strange to be walking around in my bathingsuit sunburnt listening to Christmas carols being piped through the resort or lying out by the pool.

One year we were in Aruba the week all the Christmas trees came on the island by container ship. The entire island smelled of pine!

I am looking for pictures of decorations also. I am working on a personalized calander that you send the pics that you want to them and they do it. Since we are sailing next December I would love a picture of one of the Carnival ships decorated to put on the December pic. Thank you all!

I'm also wondering if they have holiday-themed portrait backdrops of any kind to take photos during the holiday season. We'll be on the Conquest the week after Thanksgiving and I would REALLY like to do the kids' holiday portrait on the ship and make copies at home to send out with our cards to family and friends. Of course any portrait would do, but something with a holiday theme would be nice.

All this talk about Christmas decorations makes me even more excited about our Christmas Day cruise on the Conquest. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about being away from our families on Christmas. Now I know how I feel.........and I can't wait! I read a post yesterday that said some people take Christmas small gifts for various members of the crew since they're away from home and working on Christmas. I think it's a wonderful idea and plan to follow their lead.

Archived